PDA

View Full Version : worried its not working?

rizo
21-12-12, 00:01
Ive got generalized anxiety and some depression. Lately i finished my CBT sessions which initially werent helping a great deal but recently I kind of had a 'breakthrough' when I truly realized that my thoughts are what really drives the anxiety. Ive been accepting the thoughts for what they are and then challenging them which has helped greatly. I honestly thought I was truly back to my old self and I felt so great.

However in the past day my feelings suddenly plummeted again, even though I was doing the same mental cbt exercises. I'm just really worried that its not going to work and I'm going to stay feeling bad.

What do you guys think?

Sparkle1984
21-12-12, 00:09
I personally think this is a blip. I still get bad days from time to time, even though I've been receiving treatment/therapy since August. It's nothing to worry about, and I'm sure you'll feel better again within a day or two.

rizo
21-12-12, 00:52
I hope its a blip. In the last few days Ive felt really great. I actually convinced myself that I was 'back' to my old creative passionate self which is what I want more than anything else in the world.

What do you think of CBT?

BobbyDog
21-12-12, 09:38
People who don't have depression or anxiety have good days and bad days, you are just having a few bad ones like "normal" people.

Sparkle1984
21-12-12, 11:37
I hope its a blip. In the last few days Ive felt really great. I actually convinced myself that I was 'back' to my old creative passionate self which is what I want more than anything else in the world.

What do you think of CBT?

I've found CBT very helpful - it has helped me to change my way of thinking so that my thoughts are more rational. When I'm under a lot of stress, I still occasionally slip into bad habits though.

The important thing is to keep practising the CBT techniques until they become second nature.