PDA

View Full Version : Hello! New to NMP

Lottie00
21-12-12, 08:46
Hello,

I am new to NMP and only came across the site 2 days ago. Just being able to have a look and read such familiar stories and experiences to mine has already been comforting.

I have suffered from OCD from a very young age and to be honest I can not recall actually not living and suffering with it. So I've struggled mainly silently for approximately 16 years. (I am now 24).
I have also been diagnosed with generalised anxiety and received cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) earlier this year when I realised I needed to seek professional help.

The CBT has actually been great for me. I have learnt some very helpful techniques. I am however no where near to the point I wish to be regarding my anxiety and OCD behaviours. This I why I have joine this sight as I hope to gain a better understanding and learn/ improve upon the progress I har already made. As well as share my experiences and hopefully inturn help others along their journey to recovery!

I look forward to reading more on NMP and learning about others and myself along the way!

Thank you all in advance for the benefits I believe I will gain from this.

Lottie :-D

(I do apologise if there are many spelling mistakes. I'm am writing this on my phone. Normally I would do this on word, copy and paste to ensure everything is grammatically correct!...my attempts at striving to be a "prefectionist" haha :-p )

Baggs
21-12-12, 08:52
Hi Lottie,
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help here as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

nomorepanic
21-12-12, 08:56
Hi Lottie00

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Tufty
21-12-12, 09:07
:welcome: Lottie,
Perfectoinism is over-rated so keep on trying to break that trait! Remember you are good enough just the way you are, with the help of CBT and this site you will overcome your problems, it may take longer than you wish but as you said you learnt this behaviour at a young age and it will take time to reprogramme your thinking.
Take Care
Sam

blue October
21-12-12, 09:48
:hugs:

Sparkle1984
21-12-12, 11:56
Welcome to the site Lottie. :) You do sound very positive and I'm sure you'll find plenty of support here.

Jen Sat
21-12-12, 14:16
Welcome Lottie, I have found this site to be very informative and supportive and I am sure you will to. :)

Mark13
21-12-12, 14:56
Hi Lottie

Welcome to the forum.

Hope you enjoy it here, I'm sure you will, everyone's very supportive.

Lottie00
28-12-12, 07:35
Thank you all for your kind welcomes.
I do hope you all had a very lovely Christmas and festive break :-)
If it was anything like mine and visiting lots of family it can be very stressful.
So now I'm back home and in my stressfree(ish) environment I can really get reading and involved in my recovery again.

:-D

Baggs
28-12-12, 08:27
Good attitude

arg13
28-12-12, 12:43
hi there, I'm new to this as well, I was wondering with the CBT, was it ever difficult? I was doing counselling/CBT and she pushed me towards things she should have, but I found them really difficult and I would get so anxious going to see her I don't really want to go back after the xmas break.....