PDA

View Full Version : dry mouth - how long does it last?

rkhrkh
21-12-12, 19:51
hi
i'm on wk 4 of taking prozac, 3rd time for me, don't remember the dry mouth side-effect being quite as problematic as it is this time around. how long will this last for approx?
I get it pretty much all day long and find myself getting panicky when i think my mouth's so dry that i can't swallow.
It's really horrible and I feel like giving up.

Mark13
21-12-12, 21:31
Hard to say. I've tried lots of ADs and they've all given me a dry mouth (although not your your apparent degree). I'm sure the problem will lessen soon, so you barely notice it.

stormyok10
22-12-12, 07:08
Hi rkhrkh,
This also is my second time on fluox, yes I also have a dry mouth all the time, have found this time round have totally different side effects, seem to be a lot worse, how have you found it?

Cocomademoiselle
22-12-12, 13:03
I had a dry mouth on Cipralex lasted 2days,with Mirtazapine it lasted 2 weeks I had dry eyes as well.It all went away eventually you dont think it will at the time thought but it does. If you are suffering go to the chemist or GP there are drops or sweets you can have to make you produce more saliva. I ate frutella quite alot.

Supersal1984
30-12-12, 14:49
I had this for a week. It did go though. I felt terrible and water made it worse! It lasted 24/7, but does go in time xxxx

Mark13
30-12-12, 17:51
Actually I could barely swallow last night when I woke up a few times (I'm on day 6 of maximum dose Pregabalin).