PDA

View Full Version : norovirus on the brain!

Pinkbrenda2012
21-12-12, 20:46
Hi I had the dreaded norovirus last week as did my little girl and we have both finally over it until my partner started with it 2 days ago and now i'm so scared i will get it back it's all i can think about day in day out and certain i feel sick all the time with a lump in my throat.
Just want to be well for xmas and dont want my lil lady be poorly again :wacko:

Annie0904
21-12-12, 21:10
It is unlikely that you will get it again but just to be on the safe side make sure partner washes his hands well and disinfect the toilet and handles. hope you are all over with it quickly and you have a lovely Christmas. :hugs:

Iced_diamond
22-12-12, 12:38
I think I read that once you have had it you are immune for about 14 weeks, which should actually last until we get out of this crisis. Agree with Annie that it's quite unlikely you or your little one will get it again, as you've just had it. Once your partner gets over it, which should be very soon, you will all be fine over the festive period. :) it's worth still keeping up high standards of hygiene though. Have a great x-mas and new year! :)

Pinkbrenda2012
22-12-12, 19:03
thanks for the replies feel much better knowing im immune for a while its just a horrid bug and my partner is over it now thanks but my mum has now got it. the bloody thing is driving me nuts just wish they could get a vaccine for this bug and quick. xx

Anxious_gal
23-12-12, 04:59
I know little of this virus, I've already freaked out about bird a d pig flu so I try to avoid additional things that worry me now.

Yes it's unlikely you'd catch it after your body fought off the virus.
Sorry to hear you had it :( must have been hard and with a child as well.

I hope your mum feels better soon.
Christmas can be stressful enough without coming down sick.