PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the doctors

lisak789
21-12-12, 21:12
I took my daughter to the doctors today because of her lymph nodes behind her ears and she had a bit of swelling under her eyes. He examined her very good and said maybe its allergies or sinitis. He said her acne can cause the nodes to get big. I should feel reassured but I still feel worried. The worrying is like a sickness for me. I just want to be ok again. I asked the doctor about lymphoma and he said not at all. So why am I still worried?

Annie0904
21-12-12, 21:19
Trust your doctor, he knows what he is looking for. Your daughter will be fine, I know as mums we worry but the doctor will be right. x

Colin44
21-12-12, 21:34
With HA you will always doubt even though its fine, its how you deal with the answers now that counts.

lisak789
23-12-12, 03:24
Thank you so much for the response. I guess since my stillbirth last year I am terrorfied of losing another child. The ones I have are 12 and 15 and they are my world. I just want them to be ok. I just dont trust doctors. They told me that I had a happy baby and the next thing I know he got tangled in his cord and passed away at 37 weeks. I am so scared someone will tell me my kids are ok and then something bad will happen to them. I am trying so hard to fix this anxiety but I always doubt what the doctor says. I feel like I always need to be on gurad. but in the long run I am killing myself worrying and I tryed CBT and meds and it wont help. I think I wont let it.:weep:

Anxious_gal
23-12-12, 04:39
The sinuses go around and maybe behind the eyes.
Swollen eyes, espicially underneath is a good sign of a sinus infection.
It can also affect the ears, as it can drain down the tubes underneath which maybe why the lymph nodes are bigger.
It can also cause her throat to be sore.

Sorry :( it must be so stressful for you. I know if my eyes got puffy I'd be freaking out.

Did he give her anything?
Steam can help, warm showes and baths, inhaling the steam from a bowl or Cup of hot water .
There's sudafed spray and tablets to dry out the sinuses and antihistamines for alergys.
There's a nose spray with just sterile water or salt water to flush out the sinuses.
Always check you can take different medications together :)

I don't trust doctors myself but from what you said it does fit the sinuses or allergies thing.
If she's know better take her back or to a new doctor :)

Has she complained of feeling dizzy or her head or face hurting?
Or her nose being stuffy?