PDA

View Full Version : First post

frenchhorn92
22-12-12, 11:42
Hello, just joined and thought I should introduce myself!

I'm frenchhorn92, I've been diagnosed with an untreated anxiety disorder which led to depression and I'm currently taking trazodone after an awful summer and trip to hospital. Currently struggling with the anxiety and stumbled across this page looking for advice. Hoping this website will help- even if it's just seeing people going through similar things! :)

Baggs
22-12-12, 11:47
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help here as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

nomorepanic
22-12-12, 11:53
Hi frenchhorn92

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Cocomademoiselle
22-12-12, 12:49
Hello Frenchhorn and welcome.
Ive been on here about 2 months and found it very helpful some people are so kind.
How are you finding the Trazadone is it helping you?

frenchhorn92
22-12-12, 12:56
@cocomademoiselle Hi, the trazodone seems to work well for a while but I've had to have it upped quite a few times. Makes me very sleepy though and I find it difficult to focus at uni-luckly student support are very helpful! I get quite a lot of side effects from the trazodone like feeling sick and sore/restless legs but it seems to be worth it :)

Cocomademoiselle
22-12-12, 13:24
Is Trazadone used to help sleep also? I have only been on Cipralex and Mirtazapine nothing else. At least you seem to be getting results despite the feeling sick etc. Sorry to hear you had a bad summer. Hopefully 2013 will be a good year for you x

Annie0904
22-12-12, 13:26
Hi :welcome:

Mark13
22-12-12, 13:56
Hi frenchhorn92

Welcome to the forum.

Hope Trazodone works for you.

I took it a couple of times to help with anxiety-related insomnia but the sedative effects ran out for me after a few weeks, so I can't comment on it's efficacy for GAD as I stopped taking it and went back to Mirtazapine.

Hope you enjoy your stay here, it's a very supportive group.

frenchhorn92
22-12-12, 14:19
I've heard it's used for depression, anxiety, insomnia and OCD but I could be wrong! It certainly knocks me out, the first time I took it my legs collapsed haha, I'm usually asleep within half an hour of taking it and sleep mostly through the night (used to wake up every couple of hours without it.) Tried sertraline (with no effect) and citalopram which I was sensitive to and had very bad reactions. Hopefully this is 3rd time lucky.