PDA

View Full Version : Gone from citalopram to mirt and need some help

longboarder1973
22-12-12, 13:10
Hi there

Have been on citalopram now for about 14 months, gone from 10-20-30-40
Mg and about 3 months ago dropped back down to 30mg, convincing myself that I would get better etc. went back to GP who has given me mirt, great for sleeping and generally stopped feeling low and having negative thoughts..

One of the side affects now seems to be dizzyness, generally a bit of bad hearing and feeling like I have labrynthinitis ( inner ear dizzyness and disorientation)... Has anyone else had this at all?

Starting to feel pretty odd, not down, but using avoidance techniques etc...

Been on 30mg of mirt for a week.
Help....

akira
22-12-12, 13:33
I've not been on this, but I do know that a lot of side affects from medication happen in the first couple of weeks or so and then subside. It might be worth talking 9it through with your doctor.

longboarder1973
22-12-12, 13:37
Anks for the reply, been living with panic and anxiety now for 14 years, so been through the mill and back...

I am suddenly feeling like I very did the first time around 14 years ago, very spinny, odd feeling on skin, hard to focus eyes and vision and so on...

Mark13
22-12-12, 13:59
I seem to remember just being zonked out (sleepy, dizzy, heavy headed, brain full of cotton wool, dry mouth) for a few days when I first started on Mirt 5 years ago. It passed quickly, although sometimes a drowsiness / light-headedness still remains, but it's worth the SEs for the benefits for me.