PDA

View Full Version : Help, scared

guiltyw
25-08-06, 13:11
Hi all, has anyone ever had a mole that looks a bit funny and gone to doctors about it, what was outcome and symptoms of mole.

Always had light tan coloured mole on top of leg, really anxious at mo, has got a really small brown bit on it, not sure if this was always there or not.

Any experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks, guilty.

Penelopepitstop
25-08-06, 14:33
Hi
I've just been to the doctors for the same sort of thing. She had a quick look and said it looked fine and moles often get spots in them - she thought it was just damage. I think moles tend to bleed quite easily and the blood turn very dark like it does on a scab.

I've had 3 moles removed which were all fine. After I had one removed from my abdomen, another very small mole started to grow and ended up bigger than the other one! I just left it because I just thought that I couldn't keep having them removed. It does show though that changes do happen and they're not usually sinister.

Penny x

guiltyw
25-08-06, 14:39
Thanks for your reply Penny, if you don,t mind me asking why did you have the other moles removed, did your dr suggest it.

Guilty w x

guiltyw
25-08-06, 21:03
Looked at some pictures on net, looks like a dysplastic nevus on some pics but not on others, any suggestions anybody x

nomorepanic
25-08-06, 21:43
My other half has loads of moles and was told to photo them and keep an eye on it so he can check whether it changes in size or colour.

If you are really worried then the doc will be able to reassure you.

Nicola

Ballandalloch
26-08-06, 19:55
Hi
I have quite a few moles, including a largish new one on my back. I went to the doctor as i think its important to keep an eye on them. He had a look and said they were all fine and the one on my back (much to his amusement) is one you get in older age....im only 35....lol..so yes let your dr have a look for your peace of mind and then when he/she has said they are ok, just make sure you put plenty of sun cream on during our 2 days of summer each year and you will be fine!

Insomniac
26-08-06, 22:25
Hiya.

yes, I had a mole once which I thought looked a bit funny. I didn't think it was that bad but went to the doctor to get it checked. She said it didn't look that bad, but removed and said afterwards that it was not cancerous.

Mostly you need to keep an eye on them for any changes. But if seeing the doctor will put your mind at rest then go for it.

Lisa.

Penelopepitstop
26-08-06, 22:50
Hi Guilty...I had one mole removed on my back just because it was quite big, one on my abdomen because I think it had grown very slightly and one on my bum [:I] removed because it was really black but always had been. I think my surgery had a policy of removing as many moles as possible because the one on my bum had never been in the sun!

Penny x