PDA

View Full Version : panic not from a place but from thoughts

ABE1981
22-12-12, 14:35
Does anyone keep having panic attacks just from thoughts rather than from a situation (supermarket, etc) when i read about panic attacks they always seem to say panic attacks happen from peoples fear of shopping centres etc, but i constantly have them from thoughts alone, am i going mad!! Does anyone have the same problem of the same repetive thoughts that spark adreneline and panic sometimes when im not too bad with anxiety the thoughts dont give me panic attacks but when my anxiety levels are sky high the same thoughts just repetively pop up in my head and send me panicing again like im on an adreneline rollercoster and why cant we just stop the thoughts if they make us feel so ill, why doesn,t our brain just think this is all not good for me, why do our bodys put us through hell when we are only hurting ourself

times71
22-12-12, 16:04
Hi

It was the thoughts that started my whole panic thing off. The mind is very powerfull. The same reason thinking postive is good for your body, bad thoughts can also effect it. When you watch a scary movie you can get scared even though you are not actually there, because you fooled your mind into thinking you are.. hence thinking thoughts can do the same. I dont like spiders, if i think hard enough my body starts acting like there is one right in front of me. But, let me say that your mind can also heal your situation. I would recommend going on youtube. Check out Tony robins and Deepak chopra i have learnt so much from these guys.

good luck dude

MissHDynamite
22-12-12, 16:44
Hi Abe, Yes is the answer. All panic is from thoughts wether at home or in a public place, it's all about the thought process. Have a look at the CBT4Panic on here it will help you understand the cause more. Good luck and stop thinking :D x

Tufty
22-12-12, 17:00
Hi,

If I'm anxious I can panic anywhere, I can be at home in bed, in a supermarket, watching TV, at work, it doesn't really make any difference to the severity or length of the panic. I can do and go anywhere and face any situation and have learnt through CBT never to run from any situation but I still panic. I can go on a aeroplane or sit in bed and the panic will be the same. I know it's all in my head and no harm will come to me but it doesn't make it any easier to bear.

So, no you are not alone, this anxiety lark is a irrational thing and if I could find a way to turn off the adrenaline I would in a flash
Sam

Mark13
22-12-12, 20:01
I don't have panic disorder, but thoughts do spark my anxiety and fuel it just as much as daily events.

I can be feeling OK when the memory of a negative past event or a worry pops into my head, and my body thinks it's all systems go :scared15:

AuntieMoosie
22-12-12, 20:21
Yes as MissH has said, all panic is caused through our own thoughts, it really doesn't matter where we are, it's a mistaken thought process.

I think I've had panic attacks just about everywhere you can lol, from being in bed to being in the middle of a busy town centre. So it is very common to have them anywhere and for just about any reason really.

I would completely recommend CBT treatment, I'm doing the CBT4PANIC and having good results, if you're interested there's a link in my signature. Otherwise you can go and see your GP and see if they can refer you to a CBT therapist.

I hope this helps, best of luck and best wishes :hugs:

fruity
23-12-12, 14:58
Does anyone keep having panic attacks just from thoughts rather than from a situation (supermarket, etc) when i read about panic attacks they always seem to say panic attacks happen from peoples fear of shopping centres etc, but i constantly have them from thoughts alone, am i going mad!! Does anyone have the same problem of the same repetive thoughts that spark adreneline and panic sometimes when im not too bad with anxiety the thoughts dont give me panic attacks but when my anxiety levels are sky high the same thoughts just repetively pop up in my head and send me panicing again like im on an adreneline rollercoster and why cant we just stop the thoughts if they make us feel so ill, why doesn,t our brain just think this is all not good for me, why do our bodys put us through hell when we are only hurting ourself
yes it was a disturbing thought that made me first panic

Mr X
27-12-12, 20:17
99% of my panic / general anxiety / depression comes from thoughts rather than where I am. I worry far too much about what might/could/can happen, rather than getting worried about where I am.