PDA

View Full Version : OCD and Imagination: Volunteers needed

georgina_thesis
25-08-06, 13:36
<center>Participants Required

Hi, my name is Georgina Smith and I am a trainee clinical psychologist, doing my doctoral research project on OCD at Royal Holloway University. My research is exploring why the obsessions of people with OCD are so compelling and why people’s feared outcomes feel so imminent.

I am seeking participants with OCD who are over the age of 18. Participation in the study is entirely voluntary. You will be required to complete a few questionnaires followed by an interview with myself. It should take no longer than about one hour. I am able to conduct interviews at the location of OCD support groups (if you are a member of one), at my University in Egham or at participants' homes (whatever would be most convenient for you).

The benefits of taking part in the study will be the opportunity to contribute to research aimed at helping to understand the underlying thought processes involved in OCD. This may in turn contribute to the understanding and therefore treatment of OCD. The results of the research will be shared with you afterwards (and we're hoping to get the study published).

If you are interested or would like more information (I can send you a more detailed information sheet) then please contact me on Georgina_thesis@hotmail.co.uk or by phoning 01784 414212. You are more than welcome to contact me to ask questions and are not obliged to take part until you have decided you are really sure.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
Georgina</center>