PDA

View Full Version : Drinking and Anti Depressants? Views Please x

MissHDynamite
22-12-12, 18:04
Hi all.. Just doing my drinks list for Christmas. I am not generally a drinker but do enjoy a glass of wine with a meal. Haven't had a drink so far since being on tabs in case it affects them. What does everyone think or have you drank on them? I am 50 Lustral (sertraline) and craving a nice gkass of wine now :D. Thanks x

Annie0904
22-12-12, 18:08
I don't drink wine and very rarely drink alcohol at all but at family parties often have a little bit of whiskey in ginger or crabbies. All I can say is I had a much better nights sleep :D I take Dosulipin. I think with any AD's it makes it more of a sedative effect.

Baggs
22-12-12, 18:22
Hi Miss D,
loved your cleaning fairy with OCD. I used to wash Prozac down with special brew, but this is not something I would recommend. In my opinion, a glass of wine while on Lustral will do you no harm. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

MissHDynamite
22-12-12, 18:38
Thanks guys... One glass of strong red usually gets me pie eye'd... cheap date lol Last year I was so sozzled on one glass, I struggled to do the starter lol.

Think I will just have a small glass then, I mean, be rude not too :D

And yes Baggs, she let me down, had to do it myself :doh: xx

Annie0904
22-12-12, 18:40
MissH you are like me, maybe because we don't often drink.. a few mouthfuls and I am giggling away! :D

SLjimbo
22-12-12, 19:10
Let's face it, while most doctors say to avoid alcohol altogether, it's somewhat inevitable you'll be drinking along with friends and families during the holidays. My advice is when you take your medication, do so in the morning or a good few hours before you head to the party. That way you wouldn't be mixing your medication with alcohol.

Also be sure to monitor your drinking. I always stick with beer, so don't be guzzling down shots of hard liquor all night long.

MissHDynamite
22-12-12, 19:21
Won't be doing shots jimbo.. way too much of a lightweight for those lol... will just stick a glass or two of red x

SLjimbo
25-12-12, 02:06
That's good. Today was a perfect reminder for me that hangovers can bring some anxiety and panic. Went to a friend's party who I haven't seen in ages along with a bunch of other friends. Being the "social" drinker I am, I had my many brews and went on my merry way. I wasn't sloshed or insanely drunk, but I had a lot to drink and went to bed normally. Also, I've NEVER, EVER drive when I expect to be drinking at a party.

When I woke up today, I could feel the anxiety creeping in as the day went along with the peak reaching late afternoon/early evening. My anxiety stemmed more from fears that I was withdrawing from the alcohol when in fact that's not true and I was just having those catastrophic thoughts. I'm 27 and I only drink on weekends and most of the times I don't drink in excess. What seems to work best for me to cope with my "hangover anxiety" is CBT and progress muscle relaxation exercises.

As for my medication, I would only take it later in the day if I drank the night before.

katz41
25-12-12, 19:27
i worry too much about liver failure to be honest, ive got a weird sensation under right rib cage after recent drinking episodes and i've now decided to stop completely, i hadnt drunk for ages until a week or so ago, id been feeling pretty stressed and anxious at work and bought a bottle of vodka, i know, i had my liver function tests back a few times and they have always been normal, though i drank pretty heavily in previous years
i havent done it to excess, only limited myself to 2-3 small measures of vodka per ngiht but drank most nights until tonight; all i have today is two shots of bally castle, when i say shot i mean 25ml, roughly!!
i am worried now, im not going to have any more to drink and will get myself checked out as soon as i can see my gp
she knows i worry about this and is very good and patient with me!!

katz41
31-12-13, 04:32
i worry too much about liver failure to be honest, ive got a weird sensation under right rib cage after recent drinking episodes and i've now decided to stop completely, i hadnt drunk for ages until a week or so ago, id been feeling pretty stressed and anxious at work and bought a bottle of vodka, i know, i had my liver function tests back a few times and they have always been normal, though i drank pretty heavily in previous years
i havent done it to excess, only limited myself to 2-3 small measures of vodka per ngiht but drank most nights until tonight; all i have today is two shots of bally castle, when i say shot i mean 25ml, roughly!!
i am worried now, im not going to have any more to drink and will get myself checked out as soon as i can see my gp
she knows i worry about this and is very good and patient with me!!

ha! what was i saying? i havent drunk all year but christmas always brings out the little imp in me that can't resist a glass or two of 'falling down' water
i've not drunk excessively but i did put away a bottle of white last week, not all at once!! i hasten to add but over the course of the week...and then i had a glass last night then to be honest i just didnt fancy anymore and i tipped the rest away...i still have a bottle unopened but im going to get rid of that..
i didnt think i haid a problem but now i wonder and the funny feeling under the ribs is back..:blush:
i only have myself to blame!!