PDA

View Full Version : White flashes.....

Rls1994
22-12-12, 18:04
I've heard this can be serious, which is making me worry..

I think I've had this for a long time now but since I didn't think anything of it, I left it..

I've just told my parents about it and they say it's 'nothing'. I mean really?!...

I don't notice it until I'm in bed.. It doesn't happen every night but last night when I was in bed it did a bit.. It's like flickering white flashes that can go on for like, 10 seconds or so. It only happens when my eyes are closed too. I also think I see black dots at the corner of my eye (usually one) on walls, but when I look there's nothing there....

I'm scared because I've heard you can go blind from something like this or have a tumor of some sort.

My parents aren't obviously concerned and I cannot go to places on my own without someone with me, so what can I do? Also does anyone know what this is? My sister is also complaining that she has it too.

Anxious_gal
23-12-12, 05:04
Heh:)
I think I know what you have.
It's normal to see flashes when you're on a darker room or have your eyes closed.
You might notice them more if you rub or touch your eyes :)
It's really normal, it happens to everyone just most people don't pay attention.

I had thought maybe you were getting migraines but then you mentioned bed and when your eyes are closed.

Your sister might only have noticed it because you mentioned it so now she's more aware.

Rls1994
23-12-12, 17:23
Thank you Anxious_gal! I feel so much better knowing that it's normal. Phew..

Haha, it is actually the opposite! My sister started mentioning it first then it started happening to me. But... I think I've been having this for a very long time now, like years, so I'm sure if it was something bad, something would have happened by now.

Anxious_gal
23-12-12, 18:56
True if it was a serious thing you would know by now :)
Glad your feeling better.
I remember googling my symptoms and thought I was going blind lol.
I've been to an eye doctor and my eyes are fine.