PDA

View Full Version : feel terrified cant take anymore

ABE1981
22-12-12, 18:27
Hi guys, feeling absolutely awfull keep panicing, adreneline is hurting my chest feel so tired i feel under so much strain mind is racing feel like im going snap hope this passes, worse cause im sat with family im breathing rapid dont want freak out in front of them, i just cant distract myself to drop the panic levels,i not had severe probs with it all for over year so im terrified again i know need try not fight fear with fear but so so hard at the minute, feel like bursting into tears ive been hear time and time again over last 9 years why dont i get stronger why does it continue to break me down, anybody else going through the mill at the mo, ive spent so much time on this site recently makes me feel better know im not alone

Annie0904
22-12-12, 18:38
Try not to fight it, let your stomach muscles relax, your shoulders drop, take a deep breath in and let it out slowly then smile...keep repeating this. I was told to do this and it helped me to relax. Everyone seems to be getting worse this week, maybe with the stress of Christmas. :hugs::hugs:

AuntieMoosie
22-12-12, 20:05
Hello :)

Like Annie has said, try not to fight it, if we fight it we'll tense up more and that makes us feel more uncomfortable.....just try and let it ride over you.

I know you said you're sitting with family but are you home?? or is there anywhere you can go just for a while??

If you're home you could go and lay on your bed, have some music playing in the background, that should stop your mind from racing if you concentrate on the music....then just try as hard as you can to let your whole body relax, feel yourself sinking into your mattress, to slow your breathing, take long breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth, that should stop you from over breathing.

Hope this helps you, remember it will pass, it can't last forever and it can't hurt you :D :hugs:

ABE1981
22-12-12, 20:50
Hi many thanks for the replys, i wasn,t at home i was with family at my grandads, my anxiety levels are so high im trying to calm down and relax, out of 10 my anxiety levels feel like they are constantly going up and down from 9-10 10-9 9-10 then panic, panic just cant concentrate on anything tried watch tv, keep typing on computer, feelings just feel too strong, feel sick, struggling even talking to loved ones, just wish i had something (meds) to help me relax, ive been taking mirtazipine for 5-6 years now 30mg 1 each nite, that used to work for me but now feels like it only offers half it used to, it used to really relax me and help sleep, but im so scared of changing it onto something else, as it does help relax me about 40 minutes after i take it, its my last defence after a rough day, i wouldn,t sleep at all without it.

Mark13
22-12-12, 21:24
Strangely enough, Mirtazapine is more sedating at lower doses, so if you want it to help combat insomnia, 15mg should do the trick. Discuss with your GP first of course.

I've taken 15mg a night for 5 years, and even though I've tried others (Trazodone and SSRis) nothing does the job like Mirt. That said, it just makes me sleepy and relaxed, if I needed to be awake and alert I still would be, as it's no sleeping tablet of course.

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

By the way, I'm having some success with mindfulness practice. I'm reading a book on the subject, it may help you if you're interested.

That said, I'm combining this "practice" with a new anti-anxiety drug (new to me anyway).

Mindfulness is nothing strange BTW, it's based loosely on meditation, for me it's getting used to living in the moment, enjoying and concentrating on everyday experiences, rather than living in my head with it's constant barrage of worries :)