PDA

View Full Version : Major Toothache

Tessar
22-12-12, 18:58
Had a filling 4 months ago (only went to the dentists as I thought I was grinding my teeth together & making them hurt). He did a filling on a small tooth (one of the first sort of double ones on the top). Since then it's been playing up. I did go back after a month & he said as it's a small tooth, it'll remain sensitive for a few months.
Its been hurting on & off for about 3 months now & the last few days it's been getting worse.
Yesterday p.m it started really hurting but the dentist shuts @ lunch on a Friday. Today it's just as bad. Right now it's pretty darn painful. I've stuck some Anbesol on it to calm it down & taken painkillers but it's driving me mad.
I'm hoping the dentist is open xmas eve otherwise i'll just have to put up with itI guess. Dont think there's alot else I can do til I can get it seen.
Not happy as it's making me very irritated & on edge plus..... my first period for 9 weeks turns up too. I dunno, double-whammy. I dont feel a particularly happy bunny right now. Will be seeing my brother's family (including my nephew) tomorrow so hopefully that'll take my mind off it for the day.

Rls1994
22-12-12, 19:34
Hi Tessar, so sorry to hear about your toothache, especially having it right before Christmas! They're awful and a massive pain in the butt.

Lots of hugs for you, and I hope you're well soon. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::h ugs::hugs::hugs:

AuntieMoosie
22-12-12, 19:43
Aww poor you hun...toothache is just awful:weep:

If you're not able to get seen on Monday, you should be able too cos it's a normal working day, have you got an emergency dentist in your area?? Most area's will have an emergency dental service to cover the Christmas bank holidays, have a look on line at services available in your area.

Hopefully they will see you at your dentist on Monday and sort it out for you.

Hope you feel better soon :hugs: :hugs:

Tessar
22-12-12, 19:49
Hi Tessar, so sorry to hear about your toothache, especially having it right before Christmas! They're awful and a massive pain in the butt.

Lots of hugs for you, and I hope you're well soon. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::h ugs::hugs::hugs:
thanks rls.... actually since i got up from my computer & walked about a bit its improved. i'm hoping it's gonna get better.

Annie0904
22-12-12, 19:50
Do you have any whiskey? It is good for toothache...No don't drink it! Just rub a little on the tooth and it anaesthetises it I hope you manage to get it sorted. :hugs::hugs:

ricardo
22-12-12, 19:51
Tessar

does your tooth hurt if you drink anything hot or cold. I can't believe the dentist said it would take a few months to settle down, and sometimes we feel pain in a tooth area which is actually coming from another area. I know how unpleasant it is but I suggest you take 600 Nurofen every 6 hours until you can see your dentist.

Tessar
22-12-12, 19:54
Aww poor you hun...toothache is just awful:weep:

If you're not able to get seen on Monday, you should be able too cos it's a normal working day, have you got an emergency dentist in your area?? Most area's will have an emergency dental service to cover the Christmas bank holidays, have a look on line at services available in your area.

Hopefully they will see you at your dentist on Monday and sort it out for you.

Hope you feel better soon :hugs: :hugs:
thank you.....AuntieMoosie (love your name by the way) frustrating as i have been back about it once already & he seemed dismissive. we do have an emergency dentist & i'll go if it gets worse. supposed to be going to my brothers about 2 hrs drive away 2moro, hopefpully i'll make it. i dunno. teeth eh? who needs 'em....

---------- Post added at 19:53 ---------- Previous post was at 19:52 ----------

Tessar

does your tooth hurt if you drink anything hot or cold. I can't believe the dentist said it would take a few months to settle down, and sometimes we feel pain in a tooth area which is actually coming from another area. I know how unpleasant it is but I suggest you take 600 Nurofen every 6 hours until you can see your dentist.
hot seems to be worse. i've had some painkillers, fingers crossed. thank you.

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

Do you have any whiskey? It is good for toothache...No don't drink it! Just rub a little on the tooth and it anaesthetises it I hope you manage to get it sorted. :hugs::hugs: pernod's the only strong alcohol in the house, cant stand whisky!!

must turn off the computer now i'm getting nagged to go & eat my tea!!
bye all, prob wont be back til tomorrow or even monday assuming all goes well tomorrow :-)

Tessar
23-12-12, 07:37
yipee i survived the night. I think everyone's kindness made all the difference. it feels much better this morning, obviously still not right so i'll contact the dentist 2moro. but i'm sure i'll be able to go & see my brother's family. 2 hr drive there but its going to be a good day i can feel it. cheers everyone it's really good having my online friends!

ricardo
23-12-12, 07:47
It sounds like a nerve Tessar as intermittant pain can be quite common. Get it checked out but don't worry as I doubt it will get any worse.

Tessar
23-12-12, 07:50
It sounds like a nerve Tessar as intermittant pain can be quite common. Get it checked out but don't worry as I doubt it will get any worse.
i'd wondered if it could be that coz i've had a cold recently (affecting that side of my sinuses) & i managed to fall over in the week too. i did wonder if there was a connection here somewhere.

Tessar
24-12-12, 09:21
Wll be in the dentists chair @ 10.40 today..... see what he says.....

I'VE BEEN; Got to wait til friday & have a root canal filling on the tooth as he says its cracked. will put up with it til then, sure I can survive..... & I'm not going to let it get in the way of enjoying xmas dinner.... its only pain isnt it!!

almamatters
24-12-12, 18:54
Sending you hugs :hugs: :hugs: Tessar. Good for you for not letting it get in the way of dinner. xxx

Tessar
24-12-12, 20:30
Sending you hugs :hugs: :hugs: Tessar. Good for you for not letting it get in the way of dinner. xxx
thank you!!!

AuntieMoosie
25-12-12, 01:46
I'm so glad that you went Tessar :)

Do enjoy your Christmas Dinner hun. I would try not to chew too much on that tooth just so as not to aggravate it in the meantime.

I'm sure you'll make it to Friday so have a good Christmas hun :)

Tessar
28-12-12, 18:27
HOOOOORRAAAAAYYYYYYYY Toothache's GONE!!!!!!!!!

yipeeeee, pain free in that tooth for the first time in months. i'm hoping (now it's packed with antibiotics) it'll stay good. it did hurt when he did it, he apologised. i think root-canal fillings must go so deep that even with injections you can feel it. at leaste i didnt jump out the chair or grab the dentist by the short & curlies.

next appt. 10th jan but should be a doddle.

Annie0904
28-12-12, 18:38
Pleased to hear you have got the tooth sorted :D

haynsey
28-12-12, 21:13
Hi Tessar
I have got wisdom tooth pain, cannot get to see my dentist until after Xmas break

Tessar
29-12-12, 15:50
haynsey - have you tried anything to ease it? I expect you have but if its really bad, other than painkillers - you can put something on there like 'Anbusol' - its expensive stuff but does work, a small bottle of antiseptic but it numbs too. It feels weird when you put it on - stings, but for inflamed gums it's brilliant. The product has a weird name - i always think it sounds like Anusol - which, as the name may suggest, is for a totally different part of the body of course!!! Why is it that teeth play up when there's a holiday coming up? typical, it's like they know the dentist will be shut. Luckily for me, although I had a couple of days of bad pain, it did settle enough that I could hang on til yesterday for treatment. But after months of it playing up i'm really glad it's sorted. I hope you get your wisdom teeth sorted too. I dont know if they are just coming through or if you've had them a while but I do sympathise as it isnt nice to suffer with them.