PDA

View Full Version : Hi, not posted for a long time but I really need some help...

girly2007
22-12-12, 21:21
Hi

I was diagnosed with OCD and panic attacks about 8 years ago. Although I've had periods where I feel better for a few months, I'm at one of my lowest points right now.

I've been having my latest bout of CBT for about 8 months which has helped a lot with my OCD. My panic attacks have been, for the last two weeks, out of control.

My panic attacks do peak and I can recognise when I'm making myself feel worse, but, like today, I have a constant feeling of not being able to breathe ALL day. That's the worst. I can calm myself down from a 'proper' panic attack, but I can't get my head round the fact that it's in my mind, so I feel awful all day, like I'm breathing through a straw or something. The only thing that helps me is if I sleep, then wake up feeling normal for a few minutes before the feeling returns (any tips on how to keep the 'normal' feeling would be most appreciated). Also I've noticed if I have a drink of wine the feeling goes... but I don't want to 'use' alcohol and turn into an alcoholic!

I feel horrendous now. On the outside I've got a lovely husband, an easy (if not boring and low paid) job, family who love me, friends..... I just can't help feeling that the only way to completely stop feeling like this would be to just not wake up... I'm not going to do anything silly, but I'm desparate!

xxx

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

Please... Is anyone online who can help?xx I'm really struggling xxx

Col
22-12-12, 21:25
Hi, try knitting or crochet! Not for everyone but, might help ! Infact anything like this to take your mind off your breathing :winks:

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

I can see your struggling. Hmm try doing breathing :winks:exercises go into a room on your own if u can and put Internet on and you tube have load of anxiety and breathing related links! Also try tapping exercises - type into you tube.

I've had this and it's awful:flowers: