PDA

View Full Version : The power of the mind

pAULspybeef
22-12-12, 23:44
With Xmas about to come around again, it marks just over a year of life with an an anxiety disorder. Looking back it has been a roller coaster ride and like many of you who are in the vicious circle of fear-anxiety-symptoms-fear, it is hard to measure progress by days or sometimes even weeks. However looking back to last Xmas when I could barely focus on enjoying my baby son's first Xmas due to a host of physical symptoms and a crippling fear of MS, I can say that this year I am looking forward to enjoying spending the 25th with my family....the progress being that living and enjoying life is becoming more of a priority!

The past year and a bit has really been a journey of self discovery....a roller coaster of a ride, but thanks to this forum, self help materials and CBT, the power of thought and the way it can impact upon the way we feel is becoming more apparent.

I guess that I am SLOWLY realising the sheer power of the mind and what it can do to us. We all sit here thinking our symptoms are unique and that we are different to everyone else, but the key is that we all think differently and respond to our fears in an individual way.

I have been struggling with symptoms from sore eyes, buzzing, tingling, burning, weakness etc etc etc.....but only with time and hindsight when progress has been made can I see the link between my thoughts and intensity of symptoms.

I don't intend to post this as a kind of look at me statement, As I know only too well that a bad day/patch can sneak in at any time. It was just simply to say to you all enjoy Xmas whatever your fears, focus on the life going on around you and counter introspection with diversion and activities.
Merry Xmas to all NMP users and thanks to all those good people on here who have wittingly and unwittingly helped me along the way!

MissHDynamite
22-12-12, 23:54
Well done you :D

Thank you for the encouragement and good wishes. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family and your son on his second Christmas... The best Christmas' start at that age.. enjoy x

lisak789
23-12-12, 04:05
Merry christmas to you as well! And lets hope 2013 will be a better year for all of us

Justinf
23-12-12, 08:06
Where's the 'like' button when you need it?

overhead_drums
23-12-12, 14:53
Where's the 'like' button when you need it?

You read my mind!

Have a merry Christmas everyone! :-D