PDA

View Full Version : this is ruining me

mike.125
23-12-12, 04:54
Hi im mike im 21 I have had on and of attacks but the past few months have been hell I need to no that im not alone and this may sound bizare but I always think that someone may have spiked my drink so I buy a new one or just poor it away also I was at a freinds today were unfortunatly someone was there that took a bit of methadone I tiny bit went on the floor I was rolling a ciggerette at this time and as I was speaking I tahight I felt something on my tongue so I straight away paniked sayin if its that tiny splash that has gone in my mouth will it kill me so on so forth apart from this I cant let anyone make me a drink as I panic I might get ill or watever spiikkeed !!!! Does anybody else do this I also get repeat episodes of attacks in a day does any one else have this thanks for reading and will appreciate any comments

nomorepanic
23-12-12, 05:27
Hi mike.125

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

misssj13
23-12-12, 10:36
i ALWAYS worry my drink has been spiked too. i never let it out my sight, if i do then i poor it away. i think your anxiety convinces you that you have been spiked so u panic thus making u feel like u have been spiked. a vicious cycle

Baggs
23-12-12, 10:40
Hi Mike,
Welcome to the site. The feeling of no longer being alone can make a lot of difference. I am a fan of the chatroom and I speak to real people in real time, helps me tremendously. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Mark13
23-12-12, 13:22
Welcome to the forum, Mike.

iamstrong
26-12-12, 18:49
I have had this more often in the past, not as much any more. If I buy milk, water etc and I feel the lid isn't closed properly I always throw it away and think someone might have poisoned it in the shop. And I will still throw water away if I am at a bar etc and I haven't kept an eye on it or even at home when I am not sure if someone else has drunk from it. I get worried that someone has some lurgies. ;)
I get this with other things. I was washing up wine glasses last night and one snapped. Even though it clearly didnt cut my hand it took me ages to accept that there wasn't a peice of glass there.
This is "normal" thinking when you have anxiety. You have to try and reason with yourself that for example that tiny piece that fell on the floor clearly didnt get into your mouth.
I am sorry I can't help more but just wanted to let you know I can relate.

mike.125
06-01-13, 22:22
Thank you for your replies people I do appreciate it thank you