PDA

View Full Version : Help, need reassurance in regards to Asprin use and ulcers.

SamanthaAU
23-12-12, 07:41
Hi all

Some of you may know that I had a blood clot in my arm. I have been on Asprin for about 6 weeks and the last week I have felt a little nauseas and tired.

We have been really busy of late due to the festive season so I could be tired from that.

I don't know if I feel nauseous as such but I feel it when I am really hungry. My family had a tummy bug a week and a half ago.

I am trying my hardest not to worry about having an ulcer from the asprin. Just need to get it out there I guess.

I have also been on nexium for GeRD for the last few years so I guess that may help not to get an ulcer but I am not sure.

My GP wanted me to stay on the asprin over Xmas as the surgery is shut down and said I can come off it in the new year, so still a few more weeks to go.

Anxious_gal
23-12-12, 08:10
As long as you're not in pain I think you're ok.
Ulcers often cause pain when you eat.
You're not throwing up or anything so that's good.
I had an ulcer at least once, had bad tummy pains, plus this burning sensation in my belly but always in the area. I was being sick too.
The doctor gave me some medicine but from what I remember ulcers tend to heal up on their own.
I don't know if the aspirin is causing you to feel sick, I would stay off spicy or acidy foods and drink lots of water to clean out your system.

SamanthaAU
23-12-12, 08:54
THanks Hun, I really appreciate the reply. I hope you are right. I am trying so hard to ease this anxiety but as we all know it is so hard!

I had a sore throat early in the week, and I am still quite stuffy and congested, especially in my ears.

Grr anxiety is a bitch huh!!

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

I have been trying so hard to not worry lately, I didn't want to spoil Christmas with my husband and kids - but I can see its going too...

Magic
23-12-12, 10:25
I have been taking asprin for many years, i have the tablets with the coating on, and always take with food.
i also take zantac, they are surposed to keep ulcers away.
Take care

SamanthaAU
23-12-12, 10:43
Thank you Magic! I always take with food too. I will get the coated ones tomorrow, I used those during pregnancy with no problems, not sure why the chemist didn't give them to me this time.