PDA

View Full Version : Migraine

xJust_Sarahx
23-12-12, 09:36
Hi
I have had a bad migraine for three days now, it starts with my vision going with patches and then blurs and flashing zig zags. This lasts for about 30 mins and then I get an unbearable pain in my eye and at one side of my head. It knocks me sick and tablets don't touch the side. All I want to do is lie in a dark quiet room, which is impossible for me to do with having four kids. I was just wondering if anyone else has suffered this and if it has lasted more than a day. Is this a sign of something wrong with me? Like brain wise.it scares me.

SamanthaAU
23-12-12, 09:53
2 good friends of mine have migraines that last for days. Neither has anything wrong with them. My brother also gets frequent migraines but I am not sure of the duration.

Have you been checked by the doctor? I have only had a few, and I am lucky that I can take paracetamol as soon as my eyes go funny and it goes. I am hoping it disappears very soon for you. Can you get in for an emergency appointment with your GP?

Baggs
23-12-12, 10:05
Hi Sarah,
I used to get migraines, I feel for you. Mine didn't last for more than a day so I can only imagine what you are going through. I don't have any advice, but I grew out of them - haven't had one for years. I hope you grow out of them too.

Baggs

xJust_Sarahx
23-12-12, 10:07
Thanks for your reply, i dont think i will get an emergency one but i know i could ring nhs direct for advice, i was just wanting to see if it was a common thing. I am only 11 weeks pregnant so i dont know if it could have anything to do with that, when i had my blood pressure took a couple of weeks ago, she said it was really low, but i would get it took again in my appointment end of jan. I have had migraines before but usually i can take a tablet when the disturbed vision starts and then its ok, and i wouldnt have another for months or even a year or so again. Just this time nothings touching it and i feel like crap and its lasted 3 days. Thanks again for your advice and reply :) x

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

Thank baggs, all i wanna do is just rest my head and stuff but got 3 hyper kids and a baby lol.. so impossible. Thanks x

SamanthaAU
23-12-12, 10:10
Oh hun, all those hormones are going mad!! I would think quite common seeing as you are pregnant. But if you could get someone to check your BP that would be ideal!!

ricardo
23-12-12, 10:14
Sarah

unfortunately besides other problems my daughter has been suffering from migraine/headache for 5 months on a daily basis.She also gets photo phobia as well.

There are many causes of migraine and I wouldn't want to alarm you.
Two of the most common causes are the pill and stress.

We have taken our daughter to doctors,and neurologists and she has had a brain scan, various X rays, blood tests and as she also has IBS a change of diet has been suggested.
I am not suggesting for one moment that you have anything as serious as the experience our daughter is going through but to give you peace of mind I would visit your doctor if the migraine persists.

Sorry whilst I was typing you added another post about being pregnant, and hormone inbalance may also be the cause.

overhead_drums
23-12-12, 14:48
I'm afraid migraines are my specialty...

I have suffered since i was a little one and had every sort of test to find out what it was back then. I get the sickness, the pain in my right eye and general horribleness that even hurts to move my head in ANY way.

I've found that keeping yourself hydrated helps, but that's all i have i'm afraid... That and Paramax sachets which my doctor prescribed me!

x