PDA

View Full Version : new member

misssj13
23-12-12, 10:30
hi there, new member here. i suffer panic disorder and agoraphobia. looking for support from other sufferers.
i work from home, i have a partner and a young daughter. my goal is to be able to be alone in the house without my partner and to be able to take my little girl to toddler play groups.
ive suffered for five years. my Dad suffered similar problems when he was my age so i do believe its hereditary.

Baggs
23-12-12, 10:35
Hi,
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help here as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

nomorepanic
23-12-12, 10:40
Hi misssj13

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BobbyDog
23-12-12, 13:01
Take small steps to try and conquer your agoraphobia. Step outside the front door for a minute each day. Prolong your stay outside by a little every day. Or do the same thing in the garden, try and busy yourself when you are doing this to take the fear away, until you can think about starting to leave the garden and walk up the street.

Get your partner to leave the house for a short while and to stay away for longer each day, until you feel comfortable.

You could also try contacting nopanic.org, they offer one to one telephone counselling or group CBT counselling. There is a £12 annual membership fee and no charge for the CBT.

Dudds1983
23-12-12, 13:13
Hi everyone! To cut a long story short I have been suffering anxiety badly for 6 months! I have been on citalopram 10mg for a month but haven't noticed any difference, my main symptom is sudden jolts of dizziness off balance weird feelings, is this normal , I'm so down o feel I could cry right now! Any help wud be appreciated, I'm not sure how normal it is to feel this way but it's wrecking my life

Mark13
23-12-12, 13:15
Hi, welcome to the forum.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of advice and support here as I have.

---------- Post added at 13:15 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

Hi everyone! To cut a long story short I have been suffering anxiety badly for 6 months! I have been on citalopram 10mg for a month but haven't noticed any difference, my main symptom is sudden jolts of dizziness off balance weird feelings, is this normal , I'm so down o feel I could cry right now! Any help wud be appreciated, I'm not sure how normal it is to feel this way but it's wrecking my life
Welcome, Dudds, you might want to post your own thread in "Introduce Yourself", you'll get more replies.

Sparkle1984
23-12-12, 16:31
Welcome to the forums, you'll find plenty of support here. :)