PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy jolts anxiety off balance please help

Dudds1983
23-12-12, 13:26
Hi everybody I'm 28 an suffered anxiety for a while however over the past 6 months it's making me I'll! I have been put on 10 mg of citalopram for a month now an I can't even tell I'm taking anything! However the reason I am on here is I keep getting sudden jolts of dizzy off balance feelings feel dazed! Is this normal with anxiety! I have started Cbt at 90quid an hour an I am trying so hard but I don't seem to be getting right! It's affecting my job, family an day to day life, no 1 seems to understand what I'm feeling around me! I'd love some one to post me back just to see if they have had these feelings! I have ha bloods, heart checked, eyes, ears an they say I am ok, I did have labrynthitus 2 years ago but the dizzy from that was more like room spinning! Any advice would be so much appreciated

Mark13
23-12-12, 13:29
Does it feel like a tiny electrical zap in your brain, and a split second dizziness?

If so "brain zaps" are common with SSRIs, but usually only on withdrawal AFAIK.

I had them when withdrawing from fluvoxamine, even though I tapered under Doc's instructions.

Baggs
23-12-12, 13:31
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help here as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Dudds1983
23-12-12, 13:37
Hi mark, yes it does feel like that a split second zap of dizzyness an off balance feeling, I just don't nonwhat to do at the moment as the dizziness freaks me out, I no I am very anxious but it scares the he'll out of me

nomorepanic
23-12-12, 13:40
Hi Dudds1983

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

MissHDynamite
23-12-12, 13:45
Hello Dudds.. Yes, it is all very common with anxiety and anti depressants. For months I had the brain zaps, vertigo on and off, and a feeling of "my body's here but my heads not"!

If you've had everything checked I should think it is your anxiety.. I was amazed it was mine. Stick with the tabs as they can take 4 to 6 weeks before you start to feel the benefit. It is also very common for anxiety to heighten whilst on the "start up" of tablets so just ride it and it will pass :)

The other I was thinking is... if your paying £90 an hour for CBT, maybe postpone it for a couple of weeks or so until your anxiety has subsided,, that way you will have more of a chance of succeeding with it. Nothing worse than trying to do something that makes you anxious, if your over anxious with something else before you start.

Other people find it hard to understand and I know it hurts sometimes but I have said before... that if someone told me how bad they were feeling with stress, I don't think I would of quite understood just how bad they were feeling until now!

Dudds1983
23-12-12, 13:57
Hi miss d, thank you so much for getting back to me with your response, my doc says I can up my mess to 20mg bu I am just scared of feeling worse, I've tried yoga accupuncture, they didn't work an the other tablets sertraline an propranolol made me feel so I'll I ha to come off them, I am determines to beat this but it's so hard when people around me think I am just exaggerating, feels like everyday I go on abou it an people are fed up of listening to me! It's so hard as I am sure you know! I can cope with all the symptoms of anxiety, racing heart, bad breathing but the dizzyness just makes me so down! Thanks for ur reply I really appreciate u taking the time- just wish a few people around me would do the same

MissHDynamite
23-12-12, 14:28
Your welcome Dudds.. thats why we're all here for.. to help each other.

Anxiety is a lonely old place. It's like we all probably say.. if we had a broken leg, people around us wouldn't think twice about understanding but if they can't "see it", they don't "get it"! and it can't help but depress us at times but we will get there :D.

I am on 50 Lustral (sertraline) and should have upped it to 100 but have waited until after Christmas and the New Year because I didn't want to feel worse through Christmas.

This site has helped me a lot over the past few months.. I have had plenty a good old moan about allsorts including family so don't feel guilty if you feel the need.. they can't hear us :yesyes: x

Dudds1983
23-12-12, 15:01
I think it's hard over Christmas because I just want to be my old self again, I'll stick with the citalopram like u said I may take a fee more weeks to get them working, a good quote somebody told me was success is never final, failure is never fatal, it's the courage to continue that counts! Until people have had anxiety/ depression i think it's hard to relate to it! I no one day I'll get through it but like u say it's not like having a broken leg an where u can see the other end, thanks for ur support an happy Christmas

Sparkle1984
23-12-12, 16:35
Welcome to the forum. :) How long have you been doing CBT for?