PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

EnterTheFlea
23-12-12, 17:38
Hi Everyone,
My names Colin, I'm 20 and I have suffered from Anxiety/Panic Attacks since about 2007. I still remember clear as day the date and time of my first attack. Ill probably remember it till the day I die!

Its a long story as to why my panic attacks came to be, so I will summarise. I have a fear of gagging/Vomiting. It has come to the point now where I fear it more than death which probably sounds crazy! (As it does to me). Back when my attacks first started I would have "gag" attacks, where I would just gag (No vomit) as my throat was dry. Over the course of the first year, the gagging eased off, though I would still panic that I was going to gag!

Recently though my fear has turned into fearing Vomiting. I haven't vomited for around 3 years, but for some reason, recently It has been on my mind constantly. I believe it is due to the fact that there are so many stomach bugs going around, that I am petrified I will catch one. I also panic after eating any kind of meat, in fear I will get food poisoning! I could maybe cope with the dry throat sensation, If it wasn't for the stupid panic feelings, which enhance the feelings!

I am a uni student, currently studying Radio. I am looking to create a radio documentary on Panic Attacks and Anxiety in the next few weeks, exploring its effect on people, and hopefully giving a positive message at the end!

Anyway thats me! Thanks for reading!

Colin

almamatters
23-12-12, 17:47
Hi and :welcome: to the site. Hope you find it as helpful as I do.

nomorepanic
23-12-12, 17:48
Hi EnterTheFlea

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mark13
23-12-12, 17:59
Hi Colin

Welcome to the forum, you've found a good place to be.

wazza
23-12-12, 18:17
welcome and good luck with the documentary, the more positive, understanding media coverage the better

Pipkin
23-12-12, 19:04
Hi Colin and :welcome:!

You're definitely not alone! Join in with some of the active threads that you can relate to and you'll soon find there are people here who are happy to listen and give support. I'm sure you'll be a comfort to others too.

Take care

Pip