PDA

View Full Version : Mind vs Diazepam; heart worries :(

Orange Lightning
23-12-12, 20:00
Well, look who came crawling back. ^^; And if it wasn't for the fact I'm typing this, I would mean it literally. 2 more sleeps until Christmas and I've become convinced that I'll be spending Chrimbo Day in the hospital preparing for open-heart surgery or something. The reason? I have all the IMPORTANT symptoms of heart failure. These include:

- Shortness of breath, even when at rest, and especially when I'm lying down, first thing in the morning. It tends to continue all day.
- Back, chest and neck pains and aches, especially when I swallow or take a deep breath. Also random head pressure.
- Irregular heart rates, more often than my usual ectopics. I tend to check my heart anyway...
- Nausea and almost-vomitting.
- Loss of appetite.
- Weak legs/feet and fatigue despite sleeping unusually sound. In fact the sudden improvement in sleeping is a worry in itself.

There's a duty doctor tomorrow, but no guarantee I will see them. If I don't I'm bound to suffer this Christmas. I have a source from the NHS themselves as to why I believe my life is in danger.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Heart-failure/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

Please tell me that this is all in my head, and that I'm going to be ok... My family doesn't have a history of heart problems (mostly) and I have fairly low blood pressure, so I really shouldn't be worried. Except I really should be since all my anxiety symptoms across the month have lead up to this. I'm really scared of what the doctor is going to say, and not even Diazepam is keeping my mind off things... :weep:

Venting over for now...)

shipmate
23-12-12, 20:18
Hi i have had your symptoms all been the stress this can play hell with you body had them on off for 4 years it will get better last 3 weeks been having stomach problems panic attacks feel like s**t see doctor if concerned some of us go though hell and back but do not give in to this you get better
wishing you feeling much better next few days :hugs: