PDA

View Full Version : My 2 month old nephew hospitalized

swgrl09
23-12-12, 22:20
My brand new 2 month old nephew was in the hospital all night ... Turns out he has the flu!!!! They gave him and my sister and her husband anti virals even though she and her husband had the vaccine ... A friend gave it to him. I'm so worried bc he is so young and he wasn't able to breast feed so doesn't have his moms antibodies ....... Will he be ok????? Anybody been through this with a young baby?? I'm so afraid for him :(

Annie0904
23-12-12, 22:28
About the same time last year my great nephew who is the same age was in hospital with Bronchiolitis. We were really worried about him all over Christmas but he recovered well and is a healthy 1 year old now with no complications. Your little nephew is in the best place to get treatment he needs. x

Anxious_gal
24-12-12, 00:34
Aw how horriable so close to Christmas.
He is in the best place, the safest place :)
All you can do is hope everyone recovers and try not to assume the worst.

panickyme
24-12-12, 00:51
Dear swgrl, I am so sorry for your nephew, hope he feels better soon. :hugs:

jessicalittler79
24-12-12, 07:20
hope for a speedy recovery :)

sunshine1
24-12-12, 08:55
oh so sorry swgrl! The symptoms of flu are what causes the problems and he is in the right place to get the care he needs.Babies still have lots of antibodies from their mum even after birth. xxxxx

swgrl09
24-12-12, 10:25
Thank you everybody, I keep telling myself he is in the right place where they can watch him and keep him safe, but I see his little face (he is tiny) and cry. Can't believe his first christmas is in the hospital ... at least he is too young to remember it.

thanks all, hope you have a nice holiday :hugs:

Anxious_gal
24-12-12, 11:28
You're right he won't remember being in hospital :)
It's normal to worry or be anxious, there's not a whole lot you can do except try to pass the time as best you can x

swgrl09
24-12-12, 16:37
he went home and then they took him back due to bacterial infection in his blood ... now he is home on antibiotics.

Annie0904
24-12-12, 17:04
Aww bless him, I hope he gets well soon xx

panickyme
24-12-12, 18:28
Awwwww that little peanut!!!!! Hope he feels better soon! :hugs:

Anxious_gal
25-12-12, 02:42
Good thing they caught the bacterial infection, now the antibiotics will clear it up :)
Glad to hear he's home at least x