PDA

View Full Version : My Dad's in trouble

lofwyr
23-12-12, 22:59
Hey folks...my dad is in ICU after a heart attack. The thing is, he went to the hospital a week ago because of pancreatitis and things just seem to be snowballing. Last night he had a heart attack and now he is off to a new hospital via helicopter.

My question is, what are the risks of neurological damage from a heart attack? He is sedated, and was sedated when he had the heart attack, but very stable. I am just tattered at the thought I will never have a lucid conversation with the father I had shared humor with a week earlier...

I am 1500 miles away from him right now, and 24 hours from the soonest flight (which is amazing for the time of year as it is). He is 73 and I cannot help but think this is the beginning of the end of my best friend and father I cannot imagine being without...what a christmas. I am terrified I have had my last conversation with him...

thanks for letting my cry on your shoulders.
~J

Annie0904
23-12-12, 23:25
I am sorry to hear about your dad, he is in the best place to get looked after and be given the treatment he needs. There is a lot they can do for heart problems these days. I know it will be difficult for you being so far away. My husband has had 2 heart attacks in the past and is fine now. hugs for you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

fruity
24-12-12, 00:16
Hey folks...my dad is in ICU after a heart attack. The thing is, he went to the hospital a week ago because of pancreatitis and things just seem to be snowballing. Last night he had a heart attack and now he is off to a new hospital via helicopter.

My question is, what are the risks of neurological damage from a heart attack? He is sedated, and was sedated when he had the heart attack, but very stable. I am just tattered at the thought I will never have a lucid conversation with the father I had shared humor with a week earlier...

I am 1500 miles away from him right now, and 24 hours from the soonest flight (which is amazing for the time of year as it is). He is 73 and I cannot help but think this is the beginning of the end of my best friend and father I cannot imagine being without...what a christmas. I am terrified I have had my last conversation with him...

thanks for letting my cry on your shoulders.
~J
i understand. so sorry keep your chin up. my dad sufferd heart problems,lymphoma,enlargd spleen,bad back. you name it. and in march this year he passd away from an heart attack 'unexpected' he was 62. so i kno your very,very hurt & upset. but trust me he,s in the best place. take care & look after yourself. xxxxxxxx

panickyme
24-12-12, 00:55
I'm so sorry you are going through this, he is in such good hands. Wishing you the best for you, and your family. :hugs:Hope you also have a safe trip.

CameronG
24-12-12, 05:07
Hey! Hope your father is fine and has a swift recovery! Thinking of your family at this hard time.

Justinf
24-12-12, 06:31
Keep us updated on your dad. All the best wishes to you.

jessicalittler79
24-12-12, 07:12
thoughts and prays are with u and ur family :) hope everything works out