PDA

View Full Version : Kalm and Quiet Life Tablets

EnterTheFlea
24-12-12, 00:42
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone here has ever used Kalm or Quiet life tablets for anxiety?

I mainly have them as a "safety net" so that I know I have something if I ever feel very panicky. I don't really think they help me, they calmed me slightly, but if Im having a full blown panic attack, they make little difference!

Has anyone else tried them? If so how do you feel they worked for you?? They are over the counter tablet made with "natural" ingredients for those who haven't heard of them!

fruity
24-12-12, 01:05
yes i have tried kalms & they are realy good for me. & i,ve got some quite life in cudbord i haven,t tried them yet. but i think there pretty much the same. you see i had kalms but then i was feeling better but for the past couple of weeks been feelling stressd again so bought quite life. infact i had a little panic attack today. wish i,d of taken one. but sometimes you don,t think at the time do you. xxxxxx

Dreamer71
24-12-12, 01:23
I use Kalms regularly when I start to feel jittery, that is, I start feeling symptoms of anxiety and although I try to rationalise as best as I can, that mental process starts to swing into action. So by taking Kalms, it takes away the feeling that anxiety is going to kick in.
My safety net is propropnalol, so far I've only needed them twice in 3 months. Kalms much more so and at least it's herbal.

Mark13
24-12-12, 01:34
I've tried Kalms and other herbal 'remedies'. Didn't have any effect on me. Happy for those people who benefit but in some cases I believe it's a placebo effect but that's not to disparage folk who swear by them - the outcome is the most important thing whether real or imagined.

sarahkay
24-12-12, 02:38
Yes have used Kalms for years when needed no problems with
them but just take one or two not loads!

sara kay

EnterTheFlea
24-12-12, 20:12
I found last night that 3 quiet life tablets helped me get to sleep (Had bad IBS) So its weird, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't! but they are a helpful thing to have!

PanchoGoz
24-12-12, 20:21
Bare in mind Kalms is not suitable for long term anxiety disorders. It's meant for times of stress.

peediedj67
27-07-13, 20:07
Bare in mind Kalms is not suitable for long term anxiety disorders. It's meant for times of stress.
what is suitable then

PanchoGoz
28-07-13, 09:27
what is suitable then

Er hundreds of things other than kalms? Medication, therapy, hypnosis etc?

hangingbasket
05-09-13, 13:57
kalms are supposed to be taken daily for a number of weeks before they begin to be effective. It's no good just taking one or two every so often. They need to build up in your system. I tried them for about a month before I got on 'proper' medication and I found they made no difference whatsoever and didn't help in the slightest. I agree that its probably mostly a placebo effect but if they work for some people then great :)