PDA

View Full Version : Really bad night going docs later will he help me?

ABE1981
24-12-12, 10:21
Hi, had really rough nites this last week had very little sleep, last nite in bed woke up about 1am panicing, just lay there frozen for hours with one attack after the other swear i had hundreds last nite, my anxiety levels are so high and i feel low, so emotional feel at my wits end, felt so bad kept thinking im going end up in hospital terrified, i have been taking 30mg mirtazipine for 5-6 years now i take it at night and usually it calms me down enough to fall asleep but then i wake up after a few hours then cant fallback sleep, heads spinning, eyes twitching, thoughts and images keep popping in my head all night terrifiying, ive managed get appointment see doctor later today, is he likely to give me anything to calm me down only i cant handle much more of this its all just too much for me, i keep panicing im going end up in hospital and they wont be able to calm me down that no medication will help and ill feel like this forever, ive got three children and partner and its christmas day tomorrow dont want ruin it for everyone,:weep:

grace37
24-12-12, 10:51
The doc may give you something to calm down but it will take time to work I've been told to start singing in my head when an attack comes on trick the brain into thinking your ok worked for me give it a go there are loads of diffrent ways that may work for you hope your christmas day is a calm and peacefull one xxx

Anxious_gal
24-12-12, 11:32
When my anxiety got very bad, lack of sleep played a huge role!
I had the racing heart and thoughts and simply could not calm down enough to sleep and the lack of sleep was making my anxiety worse!

The doctor gave me some seditives to help me get to sleep :)
Once I had a full nights sleep I felt much better.

Don't worry too much about no medication calming you down, honestly seditives usually do the trick :)