PDA

View Full Version : Heart rhythms

Wilkes
24-12-12, 11:10
Skipped Beats and Cough
Okay I've not posted on here for a while generally been fine ( Compared to how bad are used to be !)but lately have noticed I keep getting these missed heartbeats that push out a cough or make me have a sharp intake of breath and like an adrenaline jump. It can happen at any time but I've noticed it more when I go to bed. Have also been quite run down and weak lately but my anxiety is questioning if I'm run down because of what's going on with my heart? Has anyone else experienced this should I go to the doctor?? Thanks

potato11
24-12-12, 12:55
Hi Wilkes

You might find this forum useful:
http://palps.chemicalforums.com

It is run and the posts are answered by a retired physician who has a very reassuring manner. He is also a member here on NMP - search "RLR"

:)

countrygirl
24-12-12, 15:11
I have had ectopics for 30 years on a daily basis and I totally recognise the thud in the chest or fluttery feeling etc, you instinctively cough or take a deep breath and this helps stop the missed beats. I actually make myself do this as I get multiple ectopics which are not nice and a hard cough can stop them. Then its normal to feel a bit light headed/adrenalin rush after an ectopic.

The cardios I have seen over the years ( for reassurance) have all said that they have no idea why some people get such excess symptoms from missed beats whereas other people don't even notice them but it does seem to be anxious people that get the worst symptoms!!

Wilkes
24-12-12, 17:09
Thanks for replies. do you notice any difference with your pulse not that it's beating out of sync but sometimes it feels a bit faint and then comes back stronger??

Anxious lu
24-12-12, 23:07
Omg I get this.. I heart like feels strange well chest..?heart..? Like my air is heavy and thin and I need to cough
.. Not an ill cough or a normal
Cough a cough from the heart.. Strange I know