PDA

View Full Version : newbie just saying hello

loopyloo68
24-12-12, 12:04
hi, i have been lurking for some time and have now joined NMP. I have had generalised anxiety for many years...im now 44. my mother had GAD. panic attacks and agraphobia when i was a child ( unitl i was about 17) so im guessing it partly learned behaviour, partly genetics. I can keep it under wraps and no one at work knows...i suffer in silence. I also have Ehlers Danlos hypermobility type and anxiety is a common co morbid symptom. I find great comfort in these forums as i do not talk about my anxiety to anyone. I have surges of adrenalin at inappropriate times( as im falling asleep normally, this triggers palpitations) i have daily panic attacks, mostly when im driving, but they creep up at anytime but have learned to breathe them away and i usually sing loudly ( embarrasing):blush: or run on the spot. I find i get preoccupied with my health and this lurches from one area to another...i can reassure myself now but sometimes, like now with the norovirus doing the rounds i feel overwhelmed. fanatically washing my hands.
i recognise my symptoms and try to pep talk myself but sometimes it is too much. lots of stress at work has left me in a state of constant high anxiety.
i know i am anxious as i have lots of burping and hearburn, feel dizzy, constant throat clearing and constant worrying.
I do not take anything apart from 2 teaspoons of manuka honey and vit d every day.

hugs Lucy

nomorepanic
24-12-12, 12:15
Hi loopyloo68

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Annie0904
24-12-12, 12:15
Hi :welcome:

Baggs
24-12-12, 12:23
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. All the best.

Baggs

Sparkle1984
24-12-12, 14:09
Welcome to the forums. You'll find plenty of support here. :)

Mark13
24-12-12, 18:58
Hi loopyloo

Welcome to the forum, I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

almamatters
24-12-12, 19:44
Hi and :welcome: