PDA

View Full Version : Panicky

Laura1989
24-12-12, 13:29
I feel panicky today and I have no idea why?! The last couple of days I have noticed my anxiety go up a bit and my sleep is so disrupted it was nearly 5am this morning I got to sleep :(
I just have this breathlessness feeling in my chest, and just can't seem to settle down. I've gone back to bed for a while and to watch some films in the hope it will calm me down.

I don't know if it's because I know it's Christmas and its the first one without my ex fiancé or anything :(
I really hope it passes soon, trying to use my cbt stuff and push it away but doesn't seem to be happening!

BobbyDog
24-12-12, 14:11
I think Christmas raises everyones anxiety levels. Like you say, your ex is not there either, quite a big adjustment in your life. Hopefully it will pass very soon.
Keep practicing your CBT lessons.

Laura1989
24-12-12, 14:26
Thank you Sarah. ive got my CBT workbooks back out and am reading through the one about dealing with panic and anx.
Am in bed watching deal or no deal, before I go up to my Aunties for our family tradition of a Christmas Eve get together and a few presents.

Hope you have a nice Christmas, looking forward to opening your pressie :-) x x

Jen Sat
24-12-12, 14:28
I agree, Christmas is more stressful so please do whatever you enjoy to help you relax and be at peace with how you are feeling. It will pass. Also check the self talk and thoughts. Hope it passes soon, take care.

Annie0904
24-12-12, 14:35
I had a really good day yesterday but starting to feel shaky and anxious now, also have a terrible headache. I think it is because family are arriving for Christmas and I just want to hide away xx

Elle-Kay
24-12-12, 14:39
It probably is because it's Christmas, and your routine has been upskittled. I think most of us are feeling the same, to one extent or another. I know I am.

Laura1989
24-12-12, 14:45
thank you for the replies everyone, hope everyone manages to have a reletivly panic free Christmas
Laura xx

BobbyDog
25-12-12, 06:02
thank you for the replies everyone, hope everyone manages to have a reletivly panic free Christmas
Laura xx

I hope your anxiety has passed and you were able to enjoy your Christmas Eve get together. We missed you at the meet, looking forward to seeing you in January. May all your hopes and dreams come true in 2013.xxxx