PDA

View Full Version : citalopram stopped working ? please help :(

bertone902
24-12-12, 17:09
hi guys ive been on citalopram for 10 -11 week now and after around the 5-6 week mark ive felt absolutly amazing and couldnt thank the stuff for giving me my life back , the past week however seems to have really been difficult , ive started with the dizzyness shaking and can feel panic coming back again im waking up at 4 - 5am shaking and sweating extremely dizzy and confused, im on 20mg atm and really dont know what to do , if i keep myself occupied it seems to go away for a while but i dont understand why its all back again i thought i had it sorted :( also my moods keep dropping dramatically ie just wanting to cry etc out of nowhere and thinking ''im never going to get better''
has anyone else felt like this on a night or anything ?? theres nothing i can think of thats making me worry etc i was fine but now its back :(
please advise
thanks in advance
james

Helen1985
24-12-12, 20:52
Im prob not alot of help tbh as not on it!! but i do sympathise wih the night thing, i often feel shaky etc at night and sometimes in the middle of the night u startle awake and then feel horrid and shaky :( I hope someone can shed some like regarding the meds :) xx

Ingenious
26-12-12, 01:18
Go and see your GP about this. It could be just a blip - we all get them - and you may start feeling better soon on your own. Or it could be that you need to change your dose, it's not unusual to go up to 30mg then 40mg with Citalopram. Basically you can get periods where it feels great then seems to wear off, until you get to a dose that works best for you. If it worked for a while this is encouraging because you are obviously responding to it, so I am sure you just need to get to the right dosage for you :)

Anxious_gal
26-12-12, 01:28
You may have built up a tollerance. It's not uncommon and it's mainly the reason doctors keep upping the dosage.
Go back to your doctor :)

bertone902
31-12-12, 13:22
starting to feel a little beter than the other day when I posted I dont wake up as much now amd it seems to have calmed . should I still go see the doc ??

anncornes
31-12-12, 13:41
hi pet i have been on Citalopram 20mg for 6 week now and felt no better crying 4-5 hours aday all my friends have stopped texting me so i went back to the doctors and got a blood test which showed i was in the menopause doc put me on hrt but im unsure if i should been still taking the Citalopram

bertone902
03-01-13, 15:57
thought i was getting a little btter the other day but now seems to be coming back again felt very dizzy and shaky all day and havent felt all there tbh. i dont know if its just a blip or i need meds changing /upping . didnt go doxs yet about it as i dont want to have to up my dose if its just a blip .any idea or suggestions ??

little scientist
03-01-13, 16:18
I know how you feel about not wanting to go the docs. I had a blip over night (night time anxiety attack) and don't want the doc to raise my dose again for one little blip....

bertone902
03-01-13, 18:04
you on cit too then?? the drug was absolutly amazing but now im starting to doubt it a little bit as its been about two weeks not feeling too good :(

anowlwithknees
15-01-13, 01:05
Hi James,

It sounds like you might be experiencing a bit of a blip. After only 10-12 weeks, you may still experience periods of anxiousness and doubt, it is quite common to get blips. I have been on cit for nearly a year now and even at 6 months I still was experiencing blips.

They tend to get fewer and fewer and less intense than the one before until they pretty much vanish. I usually give myself 2 weeks, and if I am experiencing these symptoms I would call my GP. It sounds like a blip o me but when in doubt call the GP.

I am sure you will be fine though, this is fairly typical of citalopram until it fully takes effect!

Best,

David