PDA

View Full Version : Sudden surges of dizziness, a feeling of pitching forward

GirlAfraid23
24-12-12, 17:46
Hi guys, I'm worried about this dizziness i have been experiencing.
It comes on suddenly, usually when im sitting down and I can only describe it as being pitched forward. My head feels as though im pitching forward but obviously I'm not in reality.
Obviously the first thing that came to mind was brain issues then I thought perhaps inner ear.
I'm now panicking its a heart issue like blood pressure or beats that are out of sync.
Could this be related to sudden death syndrome?

sunday
24-12-12, 18:54
hi there

I have feelings of vertigo - feels like i am falling but internally? for example if i'm on a chair with wheels (like in an office) if the chair moves, sometimes i cant tell if its me or the chair?! i also feel often as if i am on a boat or just stepping out of a lift, is this the sort of thing you mean?
I have had it for over 18 months so no sudden death here!

Mark13
24-12-12, 19:02
I think (and this applies to a lot of us here) you're looking at very rare conditions to explain your symptoms when you should be looking closer to home (at the conditions you already have, like anxiety).

After that then look at ear problems or blood pressure but Sudden Death Syndrome is quite a jump and can surely be discounted :)

GirlAfraid23
24-12-12, 19:10
Yes the vertigo is exactly what I mean.
I get so worried about blood pressure/heart, could it be something like this?
I just took my pulse: 78 bpm, is this too high?

sunday
24-12-12, 22:35
your pulse is perfect. i worried about BP and take my own now and have taken it when the vertigo is bad and its always normal. But its not normally high BP that makes you feel like that, you faint when your BP is super low. Syms of high BP are headaches/flashing lights before the eyes, if any syms at all. Its purely anxiety raising its ugly head to make you feel uneasy, its horrible x

Dazza
25-12-12, 13:24
It could be something in your neck... I have it often... I've got used to it. and sometimes tension in my neck makes me feel suddenly dizzy. It's harmless, but it took me ages to get used to it and stop being scared of it. Doctors assured me it's harmless. :-)