PDA

View Full Version : Hi new member

RVP
24-12-12, 18:30
Hello everyone, so I won't go into my whole history of health anxiety because there's a lot. I'm 21 years old and suffer from quite bad health anxiety, if anything happens to me the first thing I will do is search it up on google! Which I know is the worst, but I can't help it :(
So.. last year is when it all started, started to get chest pains and everything pretty much escelated from there won't go into every detail but thought I was suffering from heart failure of something of the sought. I've calmed down from that but recently.. well, for the last week and a half I've had Tinnitus in my ear(s) which has really been getting to me.. I've been searching it up and everything, went to the doctors and they basically said if it doesn't go within 2/3 weeks come back. So I started getting a headache 3 days ago, tension type headaches and slight throbbing too. So what do I do.. check tinnitus with headaches and brain tumor comes up with as a possible symptom.
Mainly because I have a pressure type headache which is back of the head, but also it's effecting my temples and I had severe throbbing above my right ear couple of nights when I was AGAIN searching on google about this stuff.. The headache is at the back of my head, sometimes on top and temples, and it's quite like a tension headache pressure type.

I don't want to be doing this stuff through christmas and new years, I know it's bad.. but I'm sick of feeling good for a while then having something like tinnitus pop up. Thanks and merry christmas.

Mark13
24-12-12, 18:38
Hi RVP

Welcome to the forum. Merry Christmas to you too.

You've come to the right place, and don't consult "Dr Google" :)

You may want to see your GP about the headaches to be on the safe side, but tension headaches, tinnitus etc can all be part of anxiety.

ricardo
24-12-12, 18:41
Welcome RVP you will find oodles of help on here.

Great name for those who follow football :)

RVP
24-12-12, 18:42
Yeah, I started getting the headaches since, Thursday/Friday so pretty recent, but it may just be sinitus my mums saying.

It's just worrying me because it's on the back of the head, is that normal?
Well it's back of the head, temples and sometimes top of the head.

Thanks.

Mark13
24-12-12, 18:48
Back of the head is certainly normal, that's where my stress headaches start. Rubbing the back of your head, or your neck / shoulders might help, I believe the tension moves into your head from the neck & shoulders muscles being tense.

I also clench my jaw which sometimes gives me headaches. I get sore neck & shoulders too.

RVP
24-12-12, 19:04
Back of the head is certainly normal, that's where my stress headaches start. Rubbing the back of your head, or your neck / shoulders might help, I believe the tension moves into your head from the neck & shoulders muscles being tense.

I also clench my jaw which sometimes gives me headaches. I get sore neck & shoulders too.

Thank you! I don't have shoulder/neck pain but I do (more than I know it) grind my teeth together, I have quite a bad habbit of that.
Wow I feel a lot better in myself just going through some of the stickies, especially Dr Google one.. amazing.

I'll tell you a little more about me, okay so..
I was 15/16 when I was diagnosed with cancer and was a perfect normal fit healthy boy playing sports just like any other child, I KNEW I had cancer but couldn't find the courage to tell my parent which was the worst mistake I made. So..I carried on daily life just as anyone would for about.. 5 months knowing I had cancer or some sort of tumor. (It was testicular cancer) anyways, I'm 21 now and was given the all clear about 2 years ago after chemotheropy and two operations.

My health anxiety only started last year, which sometimes I find funny that I've gone through cancer and knowing I had cancer without telling anyone from that to what I am now..
I also have high blood pressure which I am on medication which also worries me and I relate to the "I've got heart failure" diagnose I've just accepted the fact that many people my age and younger even if they do have high bp most likely won't know till their older because they're not under the supervision of doctors every 6 months.

So I've had ECHO and MRI scans done on my heart for possible causes of high bp and nothing was found, everything was normal. This gave me some piece of mind.
During the year though, I've been admitted into hospital once and had Ambulance come over to my house because I thought I was having a heart attack but it was a panic attack (not nice)
My jaw was aching...I was 95% sure I was going to have a heart attack.

Everything was all 'normal' nothing was aching or worrying and then out of the blue I get tinnitus which hasn't stopped for over a week. Which made me worry "How am I going to live with this noise for the rest of my life" and then I started getting headaches, Oh and I forgot the googling process through all of this. Which of course makes it 100x worse. So yeah.. for the past couple of days I think I have a brain tumor, and the last 7 months I've had heart failure..

In general I'm fairly fit, I do weights and cycle about 30-60miles a week. So that's the life of me..since the last year :) I've joined this forum to get some piece of mind but if anyone has questions or if they're experiencing anything similar to what I have then please don't hesitate to ask I would love to help.

Mark13
24-12-12, 19:52
RVP

My anxiety started at 12, following a life-saving brain operation (for hydrocephalus).

I believe such health trauma can bring about anxiety. I certainly would point to that event as being the trigger for mine, although I was an anxious child anyway.

Your cancer treatment at such a young age no doubt has had a lasting effect on you too.

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

By the way, I have tinnitus, always had it, although it's got louder over recent years. Doesn't bother me too much, I'm used to it.

RVP
25-12-12, 16:56
Thank you for all you replies.

I'm getting on and off throbbing pain in my temples. Could this be due to stress? or general headache? Or something to worry about?
I'm really trying hard not to google this, and anything that happens to me.

Twinsmummy
25-12-12, 17:40
My word what a terrible thing you have had to face a such a young age. I guess it blows the"you're too young, don't worry argument out of the water for you ...." I too had lots of childhood illnesses into my early twenties and have terrible health anxiety, so I do understand. Interestingly my husband's father passed away suddenly when my husband was 18 and it gave my husband a real "don't worry, live for today attitude" but I guess you just have to work with the feelings you have.....

It sounds to me like you need some help through your GP to deal with the stress and anxiety you have had to live through. I am sure you would be taken seriously and treated as soon as possible.

I have terrible headaches and migraines and know that the root of most of them is stress but it is a difficult cycle to break. I have a mouth guard from my dentist which has stopped me from gritting my teeth at night (free from NHS dentist) and that has helped a little. If you are gritting your teeth (or grinding them) it can cause pain all over your head deep not your shoulder and painkillers are really ineffective as it is a neuropathic pain. Change your position of sleeping - more or no pillows, that also helps sometimes.

I wish you all the best and I am confident that once your anxiety lowers your headaches will lessen too.

I hope this helps a little, please don't google, nothing good will come of it!

You sound lovely and I wish you a Merry Christmas.

Cx