PDA

View Full Version : Can Anxiety really cause all of these symptoms even tho i don't feel anxious?

nutcasetom
24-12-12, 19:12
Hi everyone i have just joined and i am very confused with what i am going through and need some advice of people who have or are going through this as im not sure if it sounds like what i have.
Im 19 years old and i have been having some horrible symptoms for the last few months it all started gradually and builded up so bad that now i at least have one horrible symptom going on.
My symptoms are
*Dizziness (Drunk feeling)
*Weakness
*Tiredness
*Numbness in right arm
*Jelly legs
*Shaky
*Disorientated (unreal feeling)
*Feeling like im going to have a fit or pass out
*Restless
*Don't feel like motivating as i feel i do not have any energy
* Feeling breathless (usually lasts for a few days rather then a ordinary panic attack.
Things have got so bad im constantly searching online for answers ive been doctors and had a blood test, oxygen test, blood sugar test which is 4.9, heart tested, Blood pressure.
Things are so bad i will not go out because how i feel all the time i feel like it is a challenge to get through the day barely go out im so scared. I have been doctors and they always say nothing is wrong when i know their is they just say it is anxiety but i am not worrying about anything. Im having CBT at home because i can't get out. I just feel like it ain't anxiety and agoraphobia because im not scared or worrying about anything accept how i feel all the time.
Does anyone else have the exact same symptoms as mine as i need to know that anxiety can do this to someone even when they ain't worrying. I really appreciate your help and need to hear it from someone who actually goes through it so i can at least put my mind at rest that my symptoms is nothing serious thanks for your help take care x

wazza
24-12-12, 19:28
Well, you have pretty much nailed all my symptoms, except for my pounding heart. So yes that all sounds familiar. "just" anxiety they tell me but not nice at all and NOT trivial. It can be very scary indeed to start with, i thought i was dying. Try to remember that none of your sypmtoms are not life threatening and you will get over it. I dont have to be particularly worried about ant particular reasons, sometime anxiety seems to stike out of the blue. come to think about it, the more i ask myself "why" the more anxious i get. Hope you feel better soon and get a good christmas in.

Mark13
24-12-12, 19:28
I have generalised anxiety disorder and although I do obsess over small things, sometimes my only worries are my symptoms (so that becomes a vicious circle).

So it's possible, certainly if all the tests you've had have ruled out other causes.

nutcasetom
24-12-12, 19:46
thanks but their are alot more tests which the doctors can do on me but they won't they say it will come back fine and i will still want another test... i just can not stand these symptoms they are scary. And i can not help but feel like there is something physically wrong with me what doctors are missing :( ive not even been diagnosed with anything just that i am suffering with anxiety? but im having this constant and i have cbt at home and he said i have agoraphobia with anxiety but i only don't go out because of how i feel all the time not because im scared to go out im so confused :( no one understands

tricia56
24-12-12, 21:56
hi just want to say ido understand as i am just like you and i too am just scared of how i feel all the time and thats the reason i dont go out anyware or do anything but some one once said its because im not exepting the anxiety and fear the fear of it but i just dont know how to exept it or overcome the fear of fear if that makes sence so i too would like some advice on how to do the exeptance etc

nutcasetom
24-12-12, 22:05
Hi im sorry you are going through this as well as since i joined this site today i didn't realize how many people are going through this.. I am trying to understand what i have but the symptoms just feel far too much to be anxiety it is even worst when you don't know what is triggering it but the advice i can give you is try and think of it this way i do... you have had it this long and you have been through some bad times with it but it does get better and you know that you will have a better day and as much as you feel like crap in the morning when you wake up just push yourself and have the strength to say it is just anxiety i will be fine nothing physically is wrong with me and no one has ever died of anxiety it is harmless and it will pass and there is many people going through this. Try your best to do this everyday and calm down and take breathes you will get there im bad everyday but i calm myself down and tell myself i am not going mad there is nothing wrong with me ... Good Luck