PDA

View Full Version : Christmas eve and i'm completely stressed!

panic12
24-12-12, 20:04
Ok so this is kinda a strange one but it's going to ruin xmas for me I know it.

Basically for about 6 months my left nostril have always been slightly blocked, not with mucus/snot but just blocked, It also has a reduced sense of smell compared to my right one, not complete just slightly, like I can smell things through it just vaguely. I read online that loss of smell can be related to brain tumours, although I think that referes to complete loss of smell, mines just in one nostril and its a slight loss of smell. Obviously i'm stressing now i've read that and with me stressing about brain tumours for the last 6 months well this hasn't helped the cause.

I get alot of sinus headaches, runny eyes, black lines under my eyes which I think are all sinus problems could this be the same? or does it sound bad :(

Oh I also started to hear a popping noise in my right ear when I blink hard

Annie0904
24-12-12, 20:21
It sounds to me like congested sinus' I get this problem a lot.

rated_r90
24-12-12, 20:32
Yeah, that definitely sounds like congested sinuses. I get this sometime but my Mum gets it really bad, has done for years. She also has nasal polyps, which compounds the problem. So while sinus problems are definitely annoying and uncomfortable, they are easily treatable and certainly not life threatening.

Stop worrying and have a great Christmas!

panic12
24-12-12, 20:43
Thanks I had a panic attack but its eased off, theres some allergy meds in the cupboard I might try some it's been like this for months with the constant blocked feeling. Its typical ive gone 2 months stress free and bam xmas eve and stress stress panic stress. I have a week full paid week off work and all I can do is panic. My little brother is starting to notice my stress and its worrying him I really don't want to spoil his christmas this way because hes really excited. Guess ill have to give it my best to remain calm if not for my sake but for his

cattia
24-12-12, 21:18
I have this problem a lot, I have sinus issues and allergies. I also get phantom smells sometimes when I wake up in the middle of the night, I have smelt different smells that aren't really there which is also a brain tumor sign. I have been through massive periods an anxiety over this but it's been going on and off for many years so I figure if it was anything sinister I would have more signs by now. I habe spoken to my Dr who says it's just sinus congestion and post nasal drip.

Anxious_gal
24-12-12, 22:08
Sinuses problems seem to take forever to go away.
I only had problems this year, blocked nose, popping noises, pain when bending, sore throats, headaches, cheek, nose and head pain and pressure.
My eyes have been super dry but I think that's the weather.

I'm worried about tomorrow too, having to appear calm and social all day with the family.
Really looking forward to it being over, but you never know you might end up enjoying Christmas after all :)

panic12
24-12-12, 22:40
I have to try and act like I'm enjoying it even if I'm not, my little brother has had enough disappointment already with him not seeing his dad this christmas, so I can't let him down either, but what if I have a panic attack? this is stupid im stressing about being stressed :(

iamstrong
26-12-12, 20:33
I also have one nostril that is more blocked than the other and I know that I have sinusitis.
It is nothing to worry about.
If it was anything that serious you would have many more symptoms.
Hope you are better now.