PDA

View Full Version : Not feeling the Christmas Spirit

gregcool
24-12-12, 20:21
just not feeling in the Christmas mood...But I want to and have to sit and watch my two Gurls aged 10 and 15 and my wife all relaxed and in the Christmas Spirits....I hate life right now.. Watching out of a shell into a world I dont feel conected to anymore...

swgrl09
24-12-12, 20:41
tell me about it, i feel awful this christmas ... just want to hide.

almamatters
24-12-12, 20:46
I could not be further from the Christmas mood. Not looking forward to it at all, feel stressed already, I just want it to be over.

Wolfie
24-12-12, 20:47
You guys aren't alone in feeling this way, can't wait to stop pretending that I'm ok to everyone around me.

Mark13
24-12-12, 20:50
Same here, just not a Christmas person since I was a kid. Luckily me and my wife have no real commitments in that way, family grown up and living 200 miles away with their own kids. So, doing our own thing with no guilt.

gregcool
24-12-12, 20:55
I used to LOVE CHRISTMAS until anxiety and depresion...I hate pretending Im fine , when Id love nothing more than going to bed and crying....shity life..

Em.ma
24-12-12, 20:57
Roll on Boxing Day no more pretend smile for me :D

swgrl09
24-12-12, 20:57
i know, just last night i was saying "This used to be my favorite time of the year" ... then my mom died and the family went crazy and i am depressed and anxious. oy! at least we have each other here!

gregcool
24-12-12, 21:03
Yep this is the sort of Xmas party i like...Being with peiple i can be myself with and not hide my true feelings..

almamatters
24-12-12, 21:03
Will truly be glad when it's over, am fed up of being nagged about a) I have not put a tree up or decorations b) I am walking around looking miserable. I can't help it I just find it depressing .

gregcool
24-12-12, 21:04
Why is it we get like this if deep down inside we know we want to enjoy it ?

Wolfie
24-12-12, 21:07
No idea...whatever it is, for me, it feels like this unstoppable physical force, like a heavy weight, which just seems to wash all my strength for me, no matter how happy I want to be, it's almost like I'm being held back, watching from afar. Almost like a movie that I want to change the storyline of, but it's already written and I can't change it.

swgrl09
24-12-12, 21:08
i wish i knew ... i was told i was ruining christmas, to which my response was "do you think i want to feel this way?" people who don't have anxiety and depression dont understand that we dont want to feel this way. if we could just switch it off, we would (and be billionaires for coming up with a miracle cure)

Mark13
24-12-12, 21:10
I don't want to enjoy it, I'm not religious and I have no small children.

It's not a matter of "Bah!Humbug!" it's just it means nothing to me, just a day off work (although I'm off work sick but you get my point :))

I don't drink, and I visit family whenever I want, so Christmas is meaningless to me, don't see what all the fuss is about TBH.

Christmas is for kids IMHO.

gregcool
24-12-12, 21:12
We will all have somthing to celibrate on hear soon...The presure being off us all to smile and be happy....lol

tricia56
24-12-12, 21:47
i feel same ive been quite weepy today not sure if part of anxiety or the fact not having any ardly christmas food or presents to give family as only on benieft and no partner so this year been really hard for me. as ive never been this bad at emas before just feel so quilty towards my daughter who 16 not being able to privide a proper xmas for her

gregcool
24-12-12, 22:17
Sorry to hear that tricia ..hope you somehow pick yourself up ..x

Elle-Kay
24-12-12, 22:55
I'm going to join this club too. I used to love Christmas, but tonight I'm just feeling as if I'd like to hibernate until the weekend (we have my in-laws visiting on 27/28th so Christmas isn't over for me until Saturday). It doesn't help that I've caught a cold, and my anxiety is always so much harder to control when I'm ill. If I think about tomorrow, I get this overwhelming feeling that each and every minute of the day will just stretch on forever and I won't be able to cope, and will end up spending Christmas alone in our bedroom.

MissHDynamite
24-12-12, 23:15
Our lives are emotional at the best of times and Christmas always seems to make it more so.. for me anyway. But like always, we have to "plod on" whilst trying to get better. I think we all get the disconnected feeling you were saying Greg.. it's because we are so preoccupied with our inner thoughts we just go through the motions. I have just set the table for tomorrow and peeled some veg etc.. don't even know how I did it i was that busy trying to hold the tears in and of course we can't say anything because we just get "whats wrong with you, it's Christmas"!

But we will get there.. and let's all try and make the next year a good one.

ps Merry christmas :D

AuntieMoosie
25-12-12, 02:44
Yep count me in too :)

I've never felt so "off" Christmas before, I just have no interest in it really.

I've gone beyond the stage of putting on the "plastic smile" I wont do it any more.

Thankfully I don't have young children now, it's a very different ball game then.

I'm planning on taking it as it comes, no visitors, just me, my partner and my kitty cats :)

My good friend and neighbour is coming round later and we are going to be doing jigsaw puzzles, just something that we both fancied, nice and relaxing and no pressure :)

I would like to wish you all a very pleasant, peaceful, calm, depression and anxiety free day :)

Imagine how my poor partner feels.........he's living with a "mad cooooow" the poor man :roflmao:

gregcool
25-12-12, 05:05
Well guys and girls, my Anxiety party started at 2am this Christmas morning,as i have suffered Insomnia for a year now...But today was a bad one for me as i havnt slept for many days without waking at silly times and not falling back and as you know it takes its toll on your mind...Today i woke at 2.30am ( not through excitment ) and have been down stairs ever since ( its now 5am ) my two kids will ne up in a hr...So like it or not I got no recovery from xmas eve Anxiety and now it just feels like one very long day from Xmas Eve onwards.. Today will be very hard to cope with now...I just wanted to sleep like norm people do.. I wish you all a strong and possitive Christmas day....I will get through this day and so will you all...I allways check back hear through my days so if anyone is feeling it today,,, ill meet you back on this warm suportive thread.....

Angelica
25-12-12, 10:06
Hi all,
I hope how ever you feel you get through the day/night.
Merry Xmas to all.:hugs: