PDA

View Full Version : Panic won't stop please help

Caramel
24-12-12, 21:10
This is the worst I have ever felt, can't eat panic won't stop, so bad is actually frightening me, blood sugar too low, scared will end up in hospital

Tufty
24-12-12, 21:24
It will pass Caramel, it always does.
I felt awful today too and it did eventually pass. Try not to fight it and think about tomorrow or even the next hour, accept that your nerves are really sensitised at the moment - that is all. No one ever died of panic and anxiety. Remember to breath.
Do you have any sedatives you could take?

Annie0904
24-12-12, 21:26
Caramel I am so sorry you are feeling so bad, try to relax your stomach, drop your shoulders, take a deep breath in and let it out slowly. Keep repeating this. Put some relaxing music on and try to focus on that. I really hope you start to feel better. sending you hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Caramel
24-12-12, 21:30
Thnks guys, I will try, no sedatives sam xx

Tufty
24-12-12, 21:35
Try to float through the panic, think of getting to the eye of the storm - that's where it's peaceful. Even if you find peace for only a few seconds it's better than nothing. All of us on here have had days like it I'm sure, they cannot last your brain will get tired of being so anxious and bored too - maybe try to do a puzzle or get a pen and paper and try to draw something you can see - anything to distract from how your body feels.
Do you have anyone with you at the moment and have you started or increased medication?

Caramel
24-12-12, 21:44
I do have my partner here, but I can't cope with people round me when I get panicky-bless him. I'm on a very low dose of venlafaxine because it wasn't doing anything for me and my gp won't give me anything else until I'm completely off it which takes forever because withdrawal symptoms from it are horrendous. Xx

Annie0904
24-12-12, 21:51
Do you have any Bach rescue remedy or chamomile tea?

Caramel
24-12-12, 21:52
No :weep: Crikey, I'm a bit rubbish aren't I!

Tufty
24-12-12, 21:53
Sometimes I like to be alone with the panic and dread having others around but at other times the distraction is good. If the panic in unbearable I would phone the on call doctor tomorrow for some sedative, you shouldn't have to suffer like this. We both know these feelings of panic aren't going to hurt you but if you could have something to take the edge off it for a few hours, you could rest and reset those nerves.
Sorry but I've got to sleep now - I've taken sleeping tablets and had a rubbish day.
I'll be back on the forum tomorrow
There's plenty of people in the chat room if you need to talk
Take care
Sam

Caramel
24-12-12, 21:58
Thank you sam, sleep well xx
:hugs:

Annie0904
24-12-12, 22:04
What are you doing on Christmas day? Do you have family over?

Caramel
25-12-12, 07:59
No having a quiet one

Arose
25-12-12, 08:54
How are you feeling now?:)

Caramel
25-12-12, 09:11
Still feeling awful :weep: just can't stop it

Allison Jayne
25-12-12, 09:31
I truly hope you're feeling better today Hun, I had a relapse yesterday and in all honesty the recover is worse than the attack. It knocks me for six I'm so tired its unbelievable but we will always get back to feeling good again xxx

Arose
25-12-12, 09:41
Take deep breaths and try to do something to distract yourself. Hope you feel better soon :)

Caramel
25-12-12, 09:43
Thanks arose