PDA

View Full Version : 2 big mouth ulcers next to each other.

willous1
25-12-12, 13:44
Hi

For over a week now I have had two ulcers. Both painful that won't go away. If it was mouth cancer would it only be one? Really scared. Had loads of teeth work lately what if they did something wrong. Please help.

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

Anyone help

Kyeee
25-12-12, 14:33
I remember a Christmas about 7 years ago or so, I was about 14, and I developed 5 ulcers, all in a row. The pain was horrible, I couldn't eat, drink, talk, anything. My dad even went out on Christmas day looking for somewhere to get some stuff to take the pain away. They lasted about 3 weeks, and it was horrible.

I don't know about the whole "having more than one ulcer" as I prefer not to research these kind of things, but I've had ulcers most of my life, often 2 or 3 at once, and they sometimes last 3 weeks, and in those 3 weeks more will develop. Frustrating, but nothing really serious.

I'm sure it's fine. :)

Ingenious
26-12-12, 01:12
Ulcers can be a pain, I found the best way to treat them was a mouthwash called Corsodyl which you can get from the chemist or supermarket (the full strength one, not the daily version). Mine clear up within a few days with this, it's better than the ulcer gels and also it's great for oral hygiene too.

Tessar
26-12-12, 15:39
hi willous. my feeling woudl be you are low after the dental work (its not kind to your body having dentists poking about in your mouth especially as our mouths - whether we like it or not - are difficult to keep clean & sterile). because your body is at a low ebb, these horrible ulcers have reared their heads. If you find the Corsodyl works, thats good. if not, or if you need an alternative, there's a little bottle of stuff you can get called "Anbusol". Its expensive for how much you get but I swear by it. I had an ulcer caused recently by a sharp bit on my tooth - that was really horrible looking and very sore. Once I applied anbusol a few times it calmed down & within about 2 days was gone. I've got a mild tooth infection now that i'm waiting to have treated on friday. Anbusol is keeping it in check. So this is why I find the stuff so good.
oh, by way of reassurance, i believe that cancerous growths in your mouth are usually painless. of course i am not an expert but that is what i have read.
anything going on in your mouth isnt nice as it affects you alot. when you are speaking or eating & of course its difficult to forget about it since any little movement in your mouth will make it worse. hope its gonna get better soon (oh and lastly if it persists, you can of course ring your dentist - but i'd hope these methods will hlep you get better).