PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Did I just suffer a heart attack/Deep Vein Thrombosis last night?!

Orange Lightning
25-12-12, 16:23
I'm truly sorry to be such a pest, but my health is going downhill fast and I'm no longer certain it's anxiety related. Last night I was fast asleep, when I got woken up by a numb arm and numb legs/feet. On my right leg, I could feel a "wet," cold patch which I've been worried was a blood clot, because both of my legs and my arm STILL feel numb, no matter what I do. It kept me up all night because I had to keep moving my legs to prevent the same feeling from coming back. Even when I felt comfortable, massive headrushes end up waking me up.

Furthermore a few seconds later I felt a MASSIVE spasm in my chest and upper back. There was no pain and it only lasted for a second, but it's left me fearing for my life ever since - what if it was a silent heart attack? I needed 3-4 pillows to sleep without any chest discomfort so maybe it's my heart after all? Nobody believes me and I can't get myself to A&E, so I need to know for certain what happened to me please..!

panickyme
25-12-12, 17:21
Awwww sorry you had such a bad night. ( I am not a Doctor) but it seems if we focus on something it seems to get worse, and really get to us. (and yes, anxiety can do it to us) I get so many weird aches, and pains, and numbness, if all mine where really putting me in danger, I would of been gone a long time ago. It is scarey when it happens, trust me I know. I usually just get checked out, if I am really freaking out about something, and then I move on till something else freaks me out. (vicious cycle of health anxiety) Hope you feel better. :hugs: