PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Ilike I can't breath

Loverlylaura
25-12-12, 23:25
Hi just wanting to no dose anyone feel like they can't take a deep breath or doesn't feel like there's any air going to there chest I don't no if its my anxiety or If i really am struggling to breath also keep getting stronge pains in my neck I feel carlm but start scaring myself after abit :( x

Mark13
25-12-12, 23:48
I used to get that. In fact my wife used to think I was sighing and got a bit irritated till I told her I was feeling like I couldn't get enough oxygen and was just trying to take a deep breath.

In fact that was a few years ago, so it was nothing serious, certainly anxiety in my case.

Dreamer49
25-12-12, 23:55
Hello Loverlylaura,

Yes, I have been having this problem and it scares me so much. It's a recent addition to my symptoms and I also choke with it. In fact, this morning at 7AM I had to phone an ambulance as I really thought I was not going to stop struggling for breath. I was wheezing like an asthmatic even though I don't suffer from asthma. I was panicking and wanted to get out of the house. My daughter made the phonecall as I could barely talk. When the paramedic arrived, he took all the appropriate observations, and all was normal. By this time I had started to calm and breathe properly. It had felt like thick mucus was stuck in my throat over my airway, but I must have managed to clear it. Then again at 9:30AM, it happened again. This time my other daughter drove me to the local hospital, where the observation came up as normal again. I saw a doctor who listened to my chest and said I have a bit of a chest infection and gave me a course of antibiotics. I spent the rest of Christmas day relatively choke free and able to breathe, but I did not smoke. I am unfortunately a smoker, but have decided I do not wish to smoke anymore. I'm sure smoking has had something to do with this. The worst thing is that I have been waking up during the night unable to breathe and have to struggle trying to force air into my lungs for several minutes. I am so tired of this. I am not sure how much is anxiety related and how much might have a physical cause. Whatever it is, I have got to get it sorted. I would say get your problem checked out by a doctor so at least you'll know the cause and will be able to deal with it then.

TJSMITH
26-12-12, 00:07
It's definitely anxiety I had it earlier this year and not nice it stopped when on medication although had a day of it yesterday out of the blue (strange) it does pass though.
Distract yourself as much as possible xx

nutcasetom
26-12-12, 00:07
Ive had this and it is anxiety related close your mouth and keep breathing through your nose this will help just keep doing it and it will subside trust me.