PDA

View Full Version : Brain Problems

bukendaa
26-12-12, 03:24
Hey there for the last 3 days my brain fells like its not functioning..Im scared I have brain damage or something and as I'm typing this I fell derealization and panic...like I can't think straight. I have quit alchihol this week could it be some alchihol withdrawel syndrome..My mind when I'm really panicking fells like it goes blank...I have no felt like this before in my life is it forever.

Baggs
26-12-12, 09:15
Hi,
Brain fears is quite common here, I've been there myself. I cannot comment on the alcohol side without knowing your drinking history. But it will pass, really it will. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

june
26-12-12, 10:28
I have been told in the past that 'derealization' and feeling 'spaced out' are actually feelings of being relaxed:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
most of us on this site just do not know what is is really like to feel relaxed because we never do!!:weep:
I have logged on because i have also had this sensation this morning followed by panic - when my brain goes 'foggy/dizzy/confused/where am i?
I cannot rationally think of it being part of the anxiety symptoms - I just go straight to panic mode.
June

vitabelle
26-12-12, 11:04
I suffer from depersonalisation and feel like this very often. Well all the time actually. Feel confused, don't know where I am etc. lately have been feeling like I can't think like my brains not working I am also putting this down to my meds as I have only been on them for 2 weeks. It's horrible I know x

june
26-12-12, 11:27
just read this on http://www.panic411.com/#Attacks
:ohmy:The 13 somatic or cognitive symptoms are palpitations, sweating, trembling or shaking, discomfort, nausea or abdominal distress, dizziness or lightheadedness, derealization or depersonalization, fear of losing control or "going crazy," fear of dying, paresthesias, and chills or hot flashes. Attacks that meet all other criteria but that have fewer than 4 somatic or cognitive symptoms are referred to as limited-symptom attacks.
june

vitabelle
26-12-12, 12:36
i have all of these

june
26-12-12, 13:03
these are my constant symptoms - which I am always told are ""Just anxiety"" nausea or abdominal distress, dizziness or lightheadedness:weep:
Today it has been major panic - I know most of the symptoms / I have read lots of books/ I know lots of ways to deal with panic/anxiety.
BUT where does all that knowledge go when panic strikes ?