PDA

View Full Version : Heavy weak legs!

Bonnibelle
26-12-12, 09:26
I've noticed recently that my thighs go like lead, really heavy and I feel like I am Swaying and may fall down. I am terrified what it could be. I am suffering from severe anxiety and panic but I've not had this symptom before. Can it be anxiety? I just had a shower and noticed it felt worse, I panicked and had to get out:(((

Magic
26-12-12, 09:42
I am the same--only affects lower limbs though,and feet feel like lead, heavy.
I am full of anxiety. Not just because of the time of year. all the time

Bonnibelle
26-12-12, 09:56
Thank you. Do you feel dizzy too when it happens? Do you think it's anxiety?

Thank you for replying. I've huge family meal today, worried now incase it happens.

Pann
26-12-12, 10:24
Hi Pearl. I get that sensation too but thankfully not very often. I think anxiety has a lot of weird symptons it just throws at us at random to keep the adrenalin pumping. This time of year is stressful enough without suffering from anxiety/stress/depression so just remember our bodies are already on overload and the thought of a big family get together, no matter how much you may be looking forward to, will bring added stress and maybe a few new symptoms. Try to relax and remember its part of the condition. I really hope you enjoy your day .

Magic
26-12-12, 15:19
PEARL35
I feel dizzy too. I shall be glad when friday comes,,then here will be back to
normal.:hugs:
PANN. You are right in what you say.:hugs:

Tufty
26-12-12, 17:48
I don't get the dizziness but I do have the heavy legs feeling. I aliken it to trying to walk through cement, somedays it's more like custard and others like water but it makes doing anything physical much harder. I think its the adrenaline from the anxiety making the muscles in my thighs tense, it's usually the day after a 'panic day' that my legs feel worse. I used to run alot and did a marathon last year and my legs never ached as much then as they do now - a marathon is a lot easier than this anxiety lark.

Bonnibelle
26-12-12, 22:14
Thank you all.

It's not dizziness as such but when the legs go heavy it makes me feel off balances? Like I'm walking on a moving bus. It really scared md today, I had an awful panic attack this morning.

Seffie
27-12-12, 11:24
Hi when my anxiety was at it's worst I used to get this alot. It felt like my legs had turned to lead & they felt weak & unsteady. I used to get achy arms & legs but the heaviness was more in my legs, I think it's just the next stage along from muscle fatigue but quite normal with anxiety.
For me it was just caused by excessive adrenaline so remember that although resting physically may help it's what's going on in your head that matters. You can rest up all week but if you're anxious you're still producing adrenaline so your muscles will still be fatigued & heavy.
Good luck!

Bonnibelle
27-12-12, 12:33
Seffie, thank you so so much, that's totally reassured me. Exactly how I feel, weak in legs and arms but more heavy in legs. Back of head feels heavy and woozy too but also warm down back of head too at tiles. Did you get that?

I'm starting meds tonight, I need to break the cycle.

Thanks again xx

Magic
27-12-12, 15:48
SAMHAR, you have discribed exactly how I am. Try telling it to GP,does my GP think it is all in my mind,all i get is try the Gym!!! is there anything that will take this feeling away. Is it a feeling? or something physical? I wish I new
because it won't go away

sammykaye
26-06-13, 21:50
I am so glad I got directed here.

I freaked out today because I had the heavy leg sensation and honestly thought my GP had missed something.

I was walkign my son home from school with my little girl and was walking upstairs with her (shes 2) and suddenly my legs turned really heavy like it was a real effort to make them move and like they were weighed down (like wading through mud) and I got light headed/dizzy. I walked to the top of the stairs despite the feeling and had to sit down on a little wall with my 2 kids and bless his heart my son is 8 and an :noangel: and is use to me having them so he sat and started telling me about his day in school, his reading, his sports day............and within two minutes we were on our way again

but it scared the bejesus out of me so Im glad I dont feel so alone with that now - and I did the who GOOGLE thing and couldnt find anything on it so felt :scared15::scared15::scared15::scared15::scared15:

x

jackieann3
27-06-13, 09:25
hello all I have all what you's have said but would like to know do any of you get these feelings when you feel ok or having a good few days or when you are not even thinking about anxiety and are occupied with something else , what I mean can these symptoms come on with out anything triggering them off if so do anybody know why . xxx

Davey2
27-06-13, 13:18
Hi everyone! In mid June 2013 I travelled to Newcastle-on-Tyne to buy a 4x4. Whilst up there I had a fish & chip take-away which was horrible. Shortly afterwards I had a dreadful amount of bloating and wind. Frequent trips to the toilet were also needed and there were stomach cramps. On the way back down south I stopped at Shap in order to buy Paracetamol and Rennies but I had to run out of the shop in order to vomit in a road drain (the vomit was a dark orange liquid but I had not been drinking orange juice) All the symptoms appear similar to Norwalk virus. In Shap a passer-by mentioned that there was a bad bug going around in the north.

The legs went a bit shaky but this was no big deal, however about a week later when I was back in Cornwall there was more vomiting after a series of cold sweats that caused me to be taking my jersey off and on.

Now at the end of June the problem is still there. The nurse on the NHS helpline couldn't deduce what I have got but she suspected that it might be the flu.

I can still walk and get about but the body feels weak. The knees are the most affected. I am an Old Age Pensioner. From what I can gather no-one apart from the man in Shap really has a clue.

If anyone knows I'd be grateful to hear the answer.