PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a brain tumor

RVP
26-12-12, 10:55
For the past week I've constantly been thinking I've got brain tumor because I've had a headache, pressure headache/throbbing headache all around my head. It will stop and then all of a sudden start hurting in an area.
It's mainly around the temples and back though and the pressure on temples is quite a bit like a vice.
I've also started getting Tinnitus for 2 weeks too, which hasn't gone or stopped it's been constant.
My head feels 'itchy' and it will sometimes feel like my brain or vessel or something is leaking inside my head :( or like water dripping.
I've had such a dreadful night, didn't go sleep till 4am because I was too worried, and when I did eventually try and get some sleep I keep waking up as if my heart or I had stopped breathing. This can happen anywhere from 1-5x on a night where I am worrying which doesn't help one bit.

vitabelle
26-12-12, 11:00
I often get headaches like you have explained. I put it down to worry and anxiety, as its a symptom. Sinus pressure can also cause a headache where you are saying. The more you worry and focus on it the worse it will seem x

june
26-12-12, 12:03
"" My head feels 'itchy' and it will sometimes feel like my brain or vessel or something is leaking inside my head :( or like water dripping""
I sometimes have these sensations and every time it happens I freak:weep:
my doc tells me it is adrenalin related and is harmless. I do believe her BUT when it comes all logic goes and I am terrified again:weep:

June

RVP
26-12-12, 18:52
Thank you for your replies.

I get tired easily as well, at around 6/7pm as if I need to lie down and close my eyes for a bit, is this normal with a headache?
And it's not like I get up mega early, I normally get up around 10/11am sorry if this is a stupid question I don't normally get headaches and when I do they're only 1/2 days, this has been going on for 5/6 days. When I wake up in the morning for the first 10 minutes I'm fine but then the headache pressure slowly starts again.
When I do lie down and close my eyes it feels so good, and comforting! (If that's the correct word)

Forgot to add, my neck is feeling slightly stiff and achy too. (The side of my neck where it joins to your shoulders)

Thanks.

almamatters
26-12-12, 18:57
I get all these symptoms I was told it was tension and anxiety, the water dripping feeling is particularly distressing, I thought I had blood dripping through my head or something ! If it's any comfort I eventually had a brain MRI which came out clear. GP told me it would be clear and it was. :flowers:

iamstrong
26-12-12, 19:03
Are you a health anxiety sufferer normally? Because then your symptoms are probably exasperated by your thoughts and anxiety.
You could be having a migraine? That can last for days.
Or you could just be really stiff in your neck and shoulders. That will restrict blood flow (slightly!) and can cause head aches, stiff neck, lightheadedness.
You also might just have a head cold which will cause all those symptoms plus tinnitus.
I can almost guarantee you that you don't have a tumor! I believe I read somewhere that most people don't even get a headache when they have one.
See a dr if you are not better in a few days so they can just check your ears and so you can be reassured.
I had similar symptoms to you plus many more a couple of months ago and turns out I had really bad eye strain!! (Prob from searching web on phone looking up symptoms! ;))
Try and relax, rub your shoulders, or get a massage if you can.
Btw. Does the pain and pressure go away with painkillers?
Hope you are feeling better.

RVP
26-12-12, 19:11
Thanks for quick replies,

I don't normally take pain killers but I took them couple of days ago just two and I think it made a slight improvement, but I also took them yesterday and I don't think it made much of a change, not sure if that helps.

Also I am a health anxiety sufferer normally, been suffering for a year.

I went to the Doctors last week Thursday and the she basically said my ears were clear and healthy and told me to keep holding my noise and swollow so the pressure in ears even out as I told her they felt a tiny bit heavy, but not what it would be like if you're in an aeroplane (Which is probably what she thought)
She said come back if it doesn't go within 2/3 weeks.
Since I went to the Doctors I'm pretty sure my headaches started that day.

Thanks.

iamstrong
26-12-12, 20:16
Just see how it goes, but I am sure your anxiety is making it much worse.
If it is anything then it is most likely a small head cold that is making you feel tired and giving you a head ache and ringing ears.

RVP
27-12-12, 01:58
Sorry forgot to add;
At night I get a really sharp throbbing pain above my right ear, which lasts for a couple of minutes and comes and goes a couple of times. It doesn't really happen during the day, not that I can actually remember, but only at night when I'm in bed.

Justinf
27-12-12, 02:02
Characteristics of a brain tumour are pain mainly in the morning and pain that can wake you from your nighttime sleep (this was told to me by my GP). Brain tumours are so rare and headaches are so common so do the math and it's absolutely overwhelmingly unlikely it's a tumour.

nomorepanic
27-12-12, 02:20
Brain tumour - hmmmm no I don't think so. I know people with them / have had them and this is not a typical sign but see doc if you are worried

luckylucy37
27-12-12, 03:40
i often get headaches like this like a tight band round my head my mother has just been diagnosed with a brain tumour and her symptoms didnt include headache according to the dr most dont get headache with brain tumours.
do u find yourself clenching your teeth or jaw when tense as ive been told this can cause headaches and ear pain.

S.dee
27-12-12, 11:31
I find this quite funny as i was exactly like this, ALL of ur symptoms are what i had and ihad a headache every day for about 3 months, and loads of diffrent kinds of headaches , went to my doctors way too much, once i calmed things down , all these little things settled down and stopped, And i stopped going to my doctors, PM me if u want to talk about it xx

RVP
28-12-12, 01:10
Thank you all for your replies.

It's pretty much got to the stage where If I say anything to my family they just look at me like "what is it now" or don't fully understand.
My doctor who's understanding did book me an appointment with a primary care liasion but about 2 months ago, but I turned it down because I didn't think I needed it at the time.
Has anyone ever done this? and has it helped them? or is it just someone telling me to think positively.

ballerina
19-01-14, 09:16
"" My head feels 'itchy' and it will sometimes feel like my brain or vessel or something is leaking inside my head :( or like water dripping""
I sometimes have these sensations and every time it happens I freak:weep:
my doc tells me it is adrenalin related and is harmless. I do believe her BUT when it comes all logic goes and I am terrified again:weep:

June

I know this is a very old post, I found it in the search box (thought I was better to search here than google, couldn't help myself) and I'm so relieved that that sensation is harmless. I've been freaking out, thinking I've either got some sort of brain bleed or that I'm going crazy because no sweat or anything is dripping down my head.