PDA

View Full Version : Poked in eye just now

willous1
26-12-12, 12:28
Hi everyone. My HA is at an all time high and everything is worrying me. About 10 minutes ago my 3 year old accidently poked me in the eye with his finger. Was stinging for a few minutes and quite mild now. First couple of minutes was in pain. Googled it and now scared. How would you know if poked or scratch. It's not really hurting but what if an infection appears. I'm a wreck over the smallest thing. Someone please help. I hate Google. Anyone been poked or scratched in eye. Sure vision is not as good now.

Annie0904
26-12-12, 13:09
When my son was 4 (now 22) he accidently poked me in the eye and scratched the white of my eye. I still have a scar there but it has not affected my sight. Being poked in the eye can be quite painful for a while and you would know if it was scratched. Don't worry about infection, your eye is constantly washing it self.

Liziik
26-12-12, 13:14
Hi hun, it would be sore if you have just been poked in the eye. Last year my brother who was 17 at the time was walking through our village when a lorry went past and blew up loads of dust it got into his eye and he rubbed it causing it to scratch his eye, anyway the next day he was still in pain so my mum took him to out of hours all they did was give him eye drops and it went. I really don't think you have anything to worry about, when I was at school I accidently scratched someone in the eye and made their eye bleed they were fine though a few days later! I wasn't I got in trouble! Lol I guess what I'm trying to say is google will always give you the worst possible outcome and from my experiences I don't think you have anything to worry about :) if its bothering u visit the pharmacy or out off hours I'm sure they can help you, you can buy eye drops for scratched eyes over the counter :) xxxx

willous1
26-12-12, 14:26
Thank you for the replies. There's not really any pain now but my HA is so bad at the moment. Everything is an issue. I check my eyes every day, think my hearings going, think all kinds of things on top of my normal worries. Would it still be hurting if it was scratched then. There's no redness.

Annie0904
26-12-12, 14:27
If there is no redness it will be fine and if it was scratched the scratch would be visible.

willous1
26-12-12, 14:40
Thanks Annie. I know I'm being silly but I get so paranoid and anxious. Your kindness in responding has helped me more than once. My partner does not even respond to my anxieties and it really gets to her. She hates me taking tablets etc. Guess that's just her but this site saves my life at times. Eye only hurts when I strain it now.