PDA

View Full Version : help!!!! a bit of a freak out

swgrl09
26-12-12, 13:59
Last night I woke up totally drenched in sweat .... like so much i had to change the bed sheets. I have never had a night sweat like this!!! I am so freaked about it. The only explanation I have is that I upped my escitalopram to 20 mg last week, but that never made me sweat like this. Otherwise, I am just thinking lymphoma or leukemia.

Help!

Anxious_gal
26-12-12, 14:52
It was really hot in my bedroom last night, maybe it was a warm night?
If I get bad dreams I can wake up covered in sweat, so maybe that?
Well you upped the dosage a whole week ago, sea unlikely but that may be a reason.
Honest unless its happening every night, it not much to worry about and may never happen again :)

iamstrong
26-12-12, 19:25
There are so many viruses going around at this time of year. One night of bed swetting doesn't mean anything dangerous.
My husband drenched the bed every night for 4-5 weeks in a row and he only had mononucleosis. He is totally fine now!
Please don't worry about cancer!

Annie0904
26-12-12, 19:28
This happens to me sometimes if I have been feeling run down and exhausted. You have had quite a lot of extra stress the past few weeks so I would just put it down to exhaustion. x

Elle-Kay
26-12-12, 19:41
I've woken up after a night-sweat the last two nights because of my cold, but I have many, many times in the past also, for a variety of reasons from migraines, to bad dreams, to just being too hot.

Arnie365
27-12-12, 06:23
I wouldnt worry anout this. ive gone through phases of excessive sweating at night much to my wifes delight for no apparent reason. I get like this every time I have a bad cold or virus as well. I alway think its my bodies way of getting rid of the virus.

How have you been last night?

swgrl09
27-12-12, 15:25
Thanks everybody, last night was a little warm but no where near as bad as the night before. I think I am just run down. Made sure I had cooler sheets and pajamas on, as well as a fan.

I talked to my sister who said she used to get sweaty like this when she was on anti-depressants too so made me a little less anxious. Thank you everybody :hugs: