PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Angieb17
26-08-06, 12:17
:) Hi everyone. Good to know there is lots of us out there feeling the same stuff. I have been reading numerous posts over the past couple of months and can relate to a lot of what is being said on here. I have had health anxiety for lots of years and tried to keep it all in and not tell anyone about how I was feeling. Then last year I couldn't go any further and let others know. Whether it was relief or not i don't know, but it seemed to get worse, I had major panic attacks, didn't leave the house, the doctor had to come to see me, I was scared to eat anything losing 21 lbs over 6 months, I felt constantly sick, it was just horrendous. Forthunately my doctor is brill and through him and CBT i have been loads better, although it is still a fight everyday. AT present I have aches and pains in my arms and legs and have done for a week, of course it is MS. Thats all it could be. Bloods have been done all OK. But it is still MS. I just have to accept the feelings and try and move on, hopefully they will go.

Anyway great to speak to you all, you all seem lovely and caring people, which is what we need at really bad times.

Bye for now.

Angie

Clare_63
26-08-06, 12:22
Hi Angie

Big welcome to the forum

Take care

Clare :)

Obstacles are those horrible things you see when you take your mind off your goals (",)

nicjay
26-08-06, 12:40
Hi Angie

Welcome to the forum, you will find this site really helpful in providing information and people to listen to your worries.

Nicola
xxx

nomorepanic
26-08-06, 12:47
Hi Angie

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you as well.

Nicola

trac67
26-08-06, 12:53
Hi Angie,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

manmoor
26-08-06, 13:16
Hi Angie,

A big warm welcome to you. I too suffer from health anxiety and know how easy it is for us to self diagnose. Hope we can be of some help to each other.

Take Care

Mandyxx

jodie
26-08-06, 16:27
hi

welcome to the forum

jodie

honeybee3939
26-08-06, 16:31
Hi Angie

A BIG Welcome to you !!

Love

Andrea
xxxx

Angieb17
26-08-06, 16:32
thanks everyone, it really does help, reading other posts and identifying with other symptoms. It makes you a little less worried when comparing.

Speak soon, no doubt
Angie:)

giddy
26-08-06, 17:36
Welcome to the forum Angie
love Helen

fisher
26-08-06, 21:45
hi angie my names joanne and i joined the site 2 weeks ago it is great support knowing there are people out there, i suffer from health anxiety, i have always been scared of dying since i was really young and it has got worse over the years, you will probably laugh at me now, quess were i work, in a hospital on a respiratory ward, iget anxiety if i have to see to an arrest, and then all the doctors come rushing in, but good job you dont see it much, i am always checking my blood pressure, and my sats, i have been in work today and i checked my sats and because they was only 95% i was thinking there is something wrong with me, i checked my pulse and it was 86 and i thought thats it my heart is going to go that fast its going to stop, i can always feel my heart beating thats what gives me anxiety because i am constantly tuned in to it and if its going faster than normal my mind is working over time, but i am only 32 and like going out and having a laugh because i am a bubbly person and its a shame because of my anxiety it spoils things i want to do, it was nice to read your article, if you want to email me it would be nice to hear from you, my email address is buttonsj@3mail.com x

polly daydream
26-08-06, 23:23
Hi Angie and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

clickaway
26-08-06, 23:42
Welcome aboard Angie,

Well done on the progress made so far

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Ness
27-08-06, 15:22
Hey Angie!

[:o)]

Welcome to the forum. Only found this place recently and really dont know how I lived without it! Im sure you'll get all the advice you need

Love Ness

scoobygirl2005
27-08-06, 17:48
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x

Lindalou64
27-08-06, 18:41
TextTextTexthop[e you find lots of suppoet on here and info i did good luck........Linda[8D]