PDA

View Full Version : Hello - I need you guys

howardryan6
27-12-12, 08:46
Hey Guys,

I am a 20 year old male. My anxiety started this summer when I was on vacation. All of the sudden I was feeling a sharp pain on the top of my head and tingling in my fingers. One night my entire body felt numb and I felt like I was dying. When I got home a visit to the doctor really calmed my nerves as he showed me all of my tests were normal. This gave me a few months of panic free life.

But just a few days ago, I had trouble sleeping one night and it has since turned into a nightly battle with my mind. I couldn't sleep because every time I laid down and closed my eyes, I would feel my body going numb and started to panic. The only way I could sleep was after staying up 18-22 hours, essentially forcing my body to rest quick enough so that I couldn't panic my way out of it.

But then it got worse. I was only able to sleep 1-2 hours at max and I woke up with all kinds of crazy thoughts pouring out of my head. It was like I took little things I heard on TV as I conked out and turned them into these crazy stories that made no sense and drove me crazy. On top of that, I was waking up extremely hot and a little tingly, which was like the perfect storm of panic.

This pretty much ruined Christmas for me. I have only slept 10 or so hours off and on the past four days. A couple of times I have strung together two sleeps, but for the most part, once I am awoken after an hour, I have to wait half a day before my body will allow me to sleep.

It's gotten to the point where I am scared to sleep because I don't want those thoughts in my mind. I don't want to feel like I am losing my mind. The thing is: Once I am awake and have shaken off the hotness, I am perfect and normal. But that only lasts for a few hours because I am so tired.

Essentially, I know that what I am experiencing is all in my head. But I can't bring myself to suck it up and sleep. I have no clue what is causing me to wake up every hour, but I've been restless before without the mental sideeffects.

Have any of you guys been through this before? I could really use your help and support.

nomorepanic
27-12-12, 08:57
Hi howardryan6

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Baggs
27-12-12, 09:01
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. All the best.

Baggs