PDA

View Full Version : mirtazapine side effects

traciec39
26-08-06, 12:43
I have been taking mirtazapine for 1 week now and my legs really swell up in the evening. I feel really swollen my ankles and my fingers, i told the doc and he has taken me off them, said he didnt like the fact that this was happening.
Has anyone else had this problem

thanks luv tracie

I CAN, I WILL , I AM

ruthb1
26-08-06, 14:52
hi tracie,

i was on mirtazapine for 2 years and it dodnt make my legs swell, but i did get twitches in the leg, i also ate a lot more but slept better, i have been off them now for 2 months and no doing too bad, hope you find another one that helps

ruth

jenny.baker
20-07-10, 13:45
I have been taking mirtazapine for 1 week now and my legs really swell up in the evening. I feel really swollen my ankles and my fingers, i told the doc and he has taken me off them, said he didnt like the fact that this was happening.

thanks luv tracie

I CAN, I WILL , I AMhiya

jenny.baker
20-07-10, 13:48
hiya jenny ere ive been on the tabs 4, 2 weeks an i threw up violently 2 nites on the trot 4 the first few days, an i ad pins an needles aswell wen i woke up in the mornin but i do feel a bit better i will c how i go 4 the next few weeks an let u all no xxx

Thumbelina
20-07-10, 13:50
I took mirtazipine for 6m and then stopped as it gave me different sideeffects. In the beginning it was good but i was very sleepy or sleepless and also lethargic.

They say its good for young and middle age groups

jimsmrs
25-01-12, 16:52
Hi I'm new to the forum, started mirtazapine 15mg now on 30mg 2 wks ago, would love to know if side effects subside, feel as though i'm outside looking in, feel worse in the morning,get the shakes

eden.eden
27-01-12, 11:29
Initially I had 3-4 days of legs cramping badly at night but it settled. Have recently gone up to 30mg and have twitches/reflex type pains in my knees at night at the moment.

katylou
20-02-12, 21:29
I have been on 15mg for 3 weeks now and am glad to say that the side effects did wear off after about 2 weeks. I still get a little light-headed now and then but not as often. The side effects I experienced were feeling groggy, dizzy, which was worse in the morning time and I had great difficulty getting out of bed for about 10 days. I also had extreme food cravings but managed to control this mostly and only gained about 4 pounds overall and now the cravings are completely gone, hooray! To anyone else who suffers from cravings I would say pig out on healthy carbs like vegetables, try for the most to keep the sweet stuff locked away, go to bed early (seriously, this helps a lot) and don't lose faith!!

I still have crazy dreams but they can be quite interesting, and not what I would call nightmares.

Having previously had bad experiences with both citalopram and prozac I am very pleased now I have found something that seems to agree with me. I suffer with anxiety and mirtazapine is the first medication that actually seems to treat the anxiety, rather than depression, which in itself it only a symptom of my anxiety.

I hope this is a help to anybody; I read so many forums when deciding what medication to try and it really did help me!

Gwyneth
26-10-12, 00:02

thanks luv tracie

I CAN, I WILL , I AM
Hi there how r u

---------- Post added at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

hi there i have just started mirtazapine the other day

karenp
26-10-12, 09:43
All I had when I was on it was sleepiness and headaches.

hiddenme
28-10-12, 19:20
Hi all

Just thought I would drop my side effect experiences in here when I started Mirtazapine. The most prominent one I remember were my dreams. Again, not exactly nightmares, but the most vivid detailed random dreams I have ever had in my life! I started looking forward to sleeping just to see what would happen next, and I almost miss them! I also had that huge difficulty getting out of bed in the morning and could sleep for 10 to 12 hours a night very easily if left alone and had no alarm set. The only other side effect I had (and still seem to have a little of now nearly 10 months on) is the huge increase in appetite. I could eat a huge meal, then 20 minutes later be looking for something else to munch on. This has levelled out for me a bit now, but I do sometimes have to control the random urges for something sweet late in the evening. I've also gained quite a bit of weight since I've started the Mirtazapine, but I think that might be due to my serious lack of will power and food cravings!

After reading some peoples side effects, I think I have gotten off pretty lightly compared to some. I've found that taking them at night about half an hour before you go to bed can help with the sleepiness and helps curve the cravings for food as your sleeping.

Madness69
07-07-13, 13:45
Strange dreams, munches and swollen ankles. Hope theses will get better soon