PDA

View Full Version : Seeing the moment through

maynooth
26-08-06, 13:20
Hi I thought Id talk about something which helps me a lot.When I feel panick coming on I dont try to ignore it, I let it sweep over me.I then sag my shoulders, arms, hands and tummy muscles.Basically I apply the Claire Weekes method.Next I put my mind into neutral by letting myself mentally and physically float.Then I let as much time pass as it takes for the moment to pass.But the most important thing that I do is I stay in the moment.I dont let my imagination run away thinking about upcoming social events or anything stressful.This means that I keep on bringing my thoughts back to the now, the present.Because if you think about it thats all that you can deal with.The past is already gone and the future isnt here yet.Thinking about the future just makes you panic even more uneccessarily.By doing this I can now deal with social events much better as I dont get myself in a state thinking about them.I always deal with the moment by applying Claire Weekes method and the moment the panic alwaya eventually passes.Jon

"You have to live with fear to live without fear!"

manmoor
26-08-06, 13:24
Nooth,

I swear you must be Claire Weekes back from the dead. If not you must be a relation of some kind lol. I have to hand it to you tho by god you aint half faithful to that programme. Hope all works out for you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

trac67
27-08-06, 13:33
LOL Mandy,

Jon I think we all get the message now that claire weekes helped you, but just remember everyone is different and what may help you may not be as beneficial to others.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Lindalou64
27-08-06, 19:33
THATS GREAT JON,
I HAVE READ CLAIRE WEEKS YRS BACK BUT IM STILL WHERE IM AT:(.......................Linda[8D]

kazzie
27-08-06, 20:27
Hi Jon Ive never read claire weeks but it sounds good to me i am going to give it a go!!!! Cheers mate kaz x

Piglet
28-08-06, 12:23
Glad you are finding her such a help - I rather like her book too but I don't always find it easy to put into practice.

Wishing you continued success. :D

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

missacorah
28-08-06, 17:24
I am still awaiting my delivery of her book from Ebay! Its been nearly 2 weeks! Torture!

maynooth
30-08-06, 17:56
hi everyone.i bought 2 of her books and i didnt find them that good.its the programme that is curing me.ive told david johnson that im going to give him some money but instead im going to buy the programme for people.that way he gets money and other people benefit.ill be back to ye in a few weeks when i get some money.Jon

"You have to live with fear to live without fear!"

Pete
30-08-06, 19:20
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">
Jon I think we all get the message now that claire weekes helped you, but just remember everyone is different and what may help you may not be as beneficial to others.
<div align="right">Originally posted by trac67 - 27 August 2006 : 13:33:03</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Too true. It's not easy for people to let the panic pass and when it does, for me anyway, I could have another attack not so long after. Not to mention that it didn't do me any good to know that I got through a panic situation, all I knew was that it was going to happen the next time I went into the same situation.