PDA

View Full Version : Had liver scan

lashes
27-12-12, 14:09
Hiya had liver scan today and they couldn't see anything but my enzymes are still high! I am so scared this means its something awful and that il have to have a biopsy :weep: x

panickyme
27-12-12, 14:18
That's really good news that they didn't see anything. I am sorry I don't know much about the liver, or enzymes, but I am sure if it was bad they would of notified you. Try to stay calm, and I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

gwhite73
27-12-12, 14:23
are you overweight? this can elevate your liver enzymes a little. good news if the scan was clear. having slightly elevated enzymes does not mean there is anything wrong

lashes
27-12-12, 15:28
Hi yeh I'm about 3 stone overweight but I thought tht it would then show i have fatty liver but the lady said there was no fatty liver so how can there be something wrong but she can't see it on ultrasound!?so confused x

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

Any ideas so worried x

gwhite73
27-12-12, 16:19
you can have elevated enzymes without having fatty liver. it's good that there isn't any signs of fatty liver, that means there's just some mild irritation going on (or inflammation as they call it)

i was 2 stone overweight and had elevated enzyme numbers, when i was able to the lose the weight i had a liver function test done which came back as normal.

i would not worry, but it might be worth thinking about losing weight if you can

lashes
27-12-12, 16:25
Oh really that's gud to know ! Thanks yeh am thinking of doing lighter life in jan ....just gta finish the box of quality street first lol x

Anxious_gal
28-12-12, 02:58
Some other things, using medications, herbal pills n that, working out a lot, drink
Alcohol can cause the levels to be higher.

Are you feeling ok in general?
I've known a few people who tested high but later on tested within the normal range.
The good news, your liver looks healthy :)
I guess the doctors just want to find out why the enzymes are high.